We stayed here for 2 nights, and all in all it was ok, but that's not enough for a 5 star hotel.
The location is so-so ; the nearest street is full of strip-clubs and there is nothung do do in the immediate surrounding. There is a close tram stop to Syntagma Sq. and a shuttle [the stop for the shuttle is not as marked on the small map given to us upon check-in, so we ended up waisting 30 minutes waiting for the shuttle to pick us up.. and ended up catching a taxi back, because we weren't updated about this change. when complaining about this to the concierge, he didn't seem to care, nor offer any compensation].
Generally it is a very "cold" feeling from this hotel, and we would rather stay a 3-4 star for less money in a better location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum