The location of the hotel is inconvenient, basically it is in the middle of nowhere, no restaurant, no shopping, no bar, no nightlife, no sight seeing, nothing. You have to take a taxi or walk for 20 minutes to the nearest tube station.
The lobby of the hotel is incredibly empty and decorated with terrible tastes; staff at the reception could barely speak English. It took half an hour to check us in, and that was midnight when everyone of us was so tired. Do not even try to ask for any restaurant advice from the staff, they just sent you to some place where they could get comission.
Room was out of dates, but huge; bathroom was nice though.
Anyway definitely should avoid it if you go to Athens as a tourist.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum