Strange things: the best restaurant in house is closed on Mondays. For me, strange. I actually never saw a hotel restaurant closed for one day.
Not so good: I have eaten one of the "Greek traditional" dishes in Cafe Vienna and it tasted like Hungarian letso out of a can. It even looked like that (sausage with peppers in Hungarian version, supposedly pheasant sausage with peppers in Greek version).
View from my hotel room was straight into some ruin across the street.
Good: the rooms are spacious, clean but old and showing it.
The best and the reason for the rating: the view from the roof top bar. I can even stand 9 EUR price for a small beer looking at Acropolis. I would stay there again just for the view. If it wasn't for it... Well...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Bookgreece.com, Ebookers, IHG, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum