I've stayed for business at the Intercontinental in Athens. The welcome was very warm and the team was much interested how they could be of assistance during my stay. That in itself was the warmest and most personal welcome I've had throughout the year. It speaks for itself that the rest of interaction with staff was a great from concierge to doorman to business center. Now what else counts? The rooms of course! They are specious well equipped but they are clearly aging. So if it's space and a good nights rest you need, it's covered. For a romantic stay I would choose an alternative. The hotel comes at a good value.
Lastly the hotel was located conveniently for my business purposes. One evening I set out to have a look at the Acropolis. The free shuttle service was kind enough to drop me of near the sight. So, next time I would book this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum