We were only able to stay at this hotel for one night, before our cruise the next evening, but it seemed like two days. We arrived in the morning after traveling for 18 hours to reach Athens so we needed some rest. We checked in at the Club level 8th floor, which I would highly recommend. They had a room available so we checked in early that morning. The Club level is well worth the money, snacks in the afternoon, heavy appetizers and a full bar in the evening and a very nice breakfast spread make it a real value. You have a great view of the city and the Acropolis, especially at night from the outdoor deck area on the 8th floor. I have to mention the beds, they are heavenly. Great linens and very comfortable.
The service was very attentive and professional. The location is a little ways from the center of the city, but the complimentary bus ran often and was very comfortable, he even dropped us off on the street by the Acropolis so we did not have to walk far. The restaurant on the top of the hotel was very good, a little expensive, but that is to be expected in Athens. The wine list was very good and the quality of the meal was superb. You have a great view of the Acropolis at night. We spent the day in Athens and checked out late at no charge. Once again everyone was very professional. Great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Odigeo, Agoda, Bookgreece.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum