I booked on Hot Wire with my only request being that we be near the sites (Acropolis, Museums, etc). With the low cost I was nervous - what a happy surprise when we could see them from our window! The hotel itself was amazingly modern, clean, with all the amenities you could possibly ask for in any top hotel (we noticed a lot of business professionals conducting business/staying there). We could of walked, but opted for cheap taxi rides instead due to the heat (5-8 euro was the average cost to the city center). The staff was extremely helpful and open to arranging transportation, restaurant reservations, etc. on your behalf. We will recommend this hotel to all traveling to Athens for business or leisure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum