This hotel, besides looking like your blind grandmother decorated it, charges 20 Euros a day for an internet connection.. The connection, despite this princely sum, is so slow i couldn't even check my email - it just kept timing out.
As a side note - the olive bread sandwiches on the menu in the lobby are a joke. they are just lumps of hard bread with a surly slab of feta and a measly bit of tomato.
High thread count in the linens is the best part of this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum