“amazing value in an interesting and vibrant neighbourhood”
Review of Dryades Hotel

Dryades Hotel
Ranked #90 of 326 Hotels in Athens
Vancouver, Canada
“amazing value in an interesting and vibrant neighbourhood”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were incredibly happy that we booked at Dryades. Although it isn't in the main tourist area around the Acropolis, it is still quite central and handy for exploring the city (the Acropolis/Plaka area is a 25 minute walk or 10 minute cab ride). The hotel itself is clean and comfortable. It is basic in the way that budget hotels are basic, but it is nice. The staff is incredibly friendly and kind -- they helped us to plan our days in the city. The Excharia neighbourhood is "artsy" and bohemian -- close to the hotel there is a strip of restaurants that are just lovely and very reasonably priced. Breakfast was served on the rooftop terrace that has a view over the city and of the Acropolis. Breakfast consisted of juice, coffee, bread, and fruit.

I was so happy to see this different side of Athens away from the tourists. I would definitely stay in this hotel (and in this neighbourhood) again!

2 Thank Lee E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We've chosen this hotel for its good reviews, its position with a wonderful sigh on the acropolis and for its good rates. The reception is very kind and nice. The neighborhood is animated and interesting. You can get all city's conrners in few time. wonderful and pleasant stay!

Room Tip: athens room, acropolis view room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Brilliant little hotel. Quite quirky layout but everything we needed for a stopover in Athens to drop off and collect people from the airport. Restaurants 3 to 5 minutes walk away brilliant. Vibrant area, staff were absolutely most helpful. Incredible value for money.

Room Tip: We stayed in the annex room with a terrace which was great because we had a dog with us.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have recently spent a short stay at the Dryades Hotel in Athens.
My experience has been absolutely positive! The hotel is very well located: quite central at a walk able distance to the main tourist attractions but with the plus of being in a very lively and vibrant area with nice cafes and restaurants.
Our room, bigger than average for the same category of hotel, had two nice balconies overlooking the hill of Lofos Strefi with the benefit of having fresher climate and a green environment than in the historical centre.
The staff of the hotel was very kind and professional. They also happily helped me with a personal issue raised during my stay.
Highly recommended!!!

1 Thank Lukretia
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I would definitely stay here again. The staff was supremely helpful, the Exarchia neighbourhood is great (check out the cafe life in Platia Exarchion until all hours of the night), and the prices were very reasonable. It's not luxury, of course, but it's a great value for the money. I visited friends staying in the tourist-heavy areas closer to the Acropolis and I was grateful that I wasn't in that region. The walk from Omonia metro station is a bit of an uphill slog at 1 am over rough pavement (when I arrived after my flight), so you might want to get a cab if you're not ready for that, but in general I never minded the extra exercise. PS. The reason I didn't give 5 stars for sleep quality is that there is a restaurant in the park across the street that had music bumping until 5 am one night (of the six I was there)...not the hotel's fault but something to be aware of.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

還要求什麼呢

星期五還有水果市集
買了一大推葡萄蜂蜜
大開眼界

the staffs are super friendly and they can all speak English. I
arrived Athens without any pre-knowledge and the owner kindly showed me those must-dos and must-sees. The refrigerator had a bottle of cold filtered water which was very nice for a hot day arrival. The view on the roof was splendid. You can see the Acropolis and another church on the hill. Also, you can see the night view of Athens. They cleaned the room everyday and the cleaner even took care of my owl (a stuffed toy).

It is about 10 minutes walk to the tube and main streets. During my stay, it was quite at night which I appreciated very much. I have been travelling a lot in the past years, and fed up with the noises in youth hostle and budge hotels that situated right in the bustling areas.

As I got bored in Athens and decided to go to an island, the owner helped me to check the timetable of the ferry and also some other possible events in Athens. When returning from the island, due to the horrifying experience in the hotel of Spetes, I missed Dryades much, and therefore, decided to stay there another two nights. Before I headed home, one of the staff even helped me to post my postcards!

1 Thank szuchi2013
Bordeaux, France
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed 4 nights in Dryades Hotel and enjoyed the location in a lively neighbourhood, near to the bus, metro and sites of interest. The view on Athens from the hill was great. We had a room with Acropolis view, but as the roof terrace is open to customers all day, everybody can benefit of the very nice panorama. The owner and the staff are very kind and helpfull. We liked the possibility of going on the roof to make our meals in the kitchen or simply bring a drink and enjoy it in front of the view. Orion and Dryades are 2 hotels, which provide comfort and services of hotels, but we felt like in a youth hostel for the meeting point on the roof at the end of the day.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family