“Marble House - Great Stay”
Review of Marble House

Marble House
Ranked #21 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed in Marble House for one night in Athens during August 13. Staff were fantastic, gace us great information on Tourist sites, emailed us easy details to find the Hotel and generally we nice a friendly.

The Hotel is clean, rooms are a good size and bathrooms are fine. The Hotel is located about a 5 minute slow walk from the main attraction in Athens and therefore no taxis or buses are required.

We recommend anyone staying a few nights in Athens to stay here!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank will99987

Reviewed 2 September 2013

THE PROS: Location can't be better in Athens. Just 10 mins on foot of the Acropolis and Plaka. Christos is an awesome host and will help you with any information you may need including the best suggestions on visiting Athens and Greece. The rooms and bathrooms were 100% clean and tidy.

THE CONS: Aircon is an extra and not available in all of the rooms. Breakfast is not included in the price. There is no elevator so you have to carry with the luggage upstairs. Value for money is ok for location but the premises should improve in services to remain being competitive

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank alexdediego76
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Stayed at Marble House again for a 2nd time gives me the impression that they have a continues improvement in almost everything.

Greeted by Christos upon check-in, looked like I was coming home. The whole family is perfect, with great suggestions ready to prepare your itinerary.

They even print their own maps of the city with places of interest for your visit.

Rooms are updated, very clean and daily made from the housekeeping, with excellent WiFi connection.

But what is unique for this property is its location, hidden in a lovely small alley, where you can hear birds sing every morning, just few blocks away from the hazard, noisy, Plaka and within walking distance to almost everything. Excellent value for money.

Marble House is definitely a home base for budget travelers!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed in Marble House only 1 day and I should say that the hotel is very nice. It is not big, located not far away from Acropolis, what was very convenient for me as I had only 1 day to see Athens. I arrived at 9am, Christos (a very friendly guy) met me and said that the room will be ready in about 1 hour! I was very happy as I didn't want to waste my time. The room was on the 3rd floor, small and clean, with a big balcony! Just perfect for me! Christos was very helpful, gave me many advises regarding sightseeing in Athens. I have a very good impression after visiting Marble House. If I ever come back to Athens, I will definitely choose this hotel. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary0789
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Marble house is an affordable hotel in walking distance of the Acropolis and the major tourist sites in the city of Athens. The hotel is owned and run by a family who are extremely friendly, informative, and helpful. If you want luxury, this isn't the place to stay. If you're looking for a comfortable room with good staff at an excellent price, look no further.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with its own bath. Another option is a bath on the hall. Although we stayed in...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The hotel is very close to the Acropolis but in a quiet street. It is also close to the subway and the street with lots of car rentals, which was very convenient for us. It is a really cheap hotel for the servicies it offers.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are renovated but there are some that are not. Of course it is better if you can c...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mar_a_g2013919
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Our family had a pleasant trip to Athens and our hotel certainly was a big factor. The key to enjoying your stay here is knowing what to expect when you book it.

Let me start with the many many positives!
-Personal service is a quality you don't find everywhere. Christos and his parents took wonderful care of us anytime we had a problem or a question. They helped us set up our internet, they chatted with us each morning, they held our bags on our last day and they REALLY wanted to know if they could do anything else for us. They are a family-run business that cares about their customers.
-The location is very close to public transportation and still walking distance to the major attractions. I always felt that my family was safe walking around the area. Christos gave us a good recommendation for a restaurant in Plaka for lunch (see other Athens reviews). Also check with him if you want to take the buses... it's not easy if you don't know Greek! We got lost a few times... on the same trip.
-The price was very good compared to the other locations we researched. All things considered the value was worth it.

There are a few points which were not the most desirable:
-We found our room to be on the small side. We are family so we are used to being close together, but I can see how it is not for every group. We got lucky with perfect temperatures while we stayed so we were not affected by the lack of A/C. If you stay in the south Mediterranean in summer, then expect everywhere to be hot.
-From inside the room, it was easy to hear noises in the hallway. If you are on a floor that shares a bathroom, like we were, you will probably notice it more. If other guests are noisy beyond what is normal, you should bring it to the attention of the hotel.

With all positives and negatives considered, we would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family