All reviewsquiet cul de sacceiling fanshared bathroomfamily run hotelno elevatorbudget hotelquiet streetwithin walking distanceminute walkpublic transportationmetro stopquiet hotelair contourist sitesexcellent locationreception desknice balcony
Reviewed 23 May 2017

It's not every day you pass a metro station named ACROPOLI, then Fix- metro station (beer!) and a short way to MARBLE HOUSE. Easy to find. White marble here and there! and the TERRAZZA! Friendly and handsome staff. I'll be back! I recommend.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2017

As many have mentioned, this hotel is clean and comfortable, and we liked the location which is only a 10-15 minute walk from the main tourist areas. It is very clean and bathrooms, although very small especially for large people (common among budget hotels), are recently renovated. I want to second the review of the traditional Greek restaurant just a few steps away - Dio Dekares i Oka. We ate there numerous times just because the food and the service we so good. Wi-Fi was free and worked. Travelers should be aware that there is no elevator and all rooms are up one or two flights of stairs so if you have a lot of luggage, this might not be a good option.

I have been to this hotel now on three different trips and, obviously, liked it well enough to come back on this trip. It is a great value in what can be an expensive city. The restaurant mentioned above is motivation alone to come back! We had two stays, this trip -- once at the beginning and once at the end of our trip. The room at the beginning of the trip was quite adequate and had the balcony overlooking the street that many mentioned. The room we had at the end of our trip was a disappointment as the size was so small that the room became uncomfortable. The queen sized bed was in the corner (okay) but there was only about 12 inches between the bed and the desk making it difficult to walk around it and it was hard to find enough wall space for our luggage of which we did not have that much. Each of us had one small checked bag and one small carryon bag. My husband and I were always tripping over each other. We also would have thought that the hosts could have been a bit more welcoming since we had just been there two weeks before and the same people were at the front desk.

In summary, Marble House is a great value. Clean, etc. However, the level of comfort will depend on the size of the room assigned and my husband and I definitely would not want to stay in the room we last had again. Should we visit Athens again, we might want to consider a pricier option (but walk back to the restaurant).

Room Tip: See descriptions of rooms in review above.
Reviewed 18 May 2017

The hotel is clean and comfortable. We loved the location at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac. It's close enough to the major sights but still in a residential area so you can eat out without limiting yourself to tourist joints. Some of the rooms have lovely balconies that look out on the street. I would just warn travelers that although they can hold luggage during the day, they are not equipped to stow luggage overnight, so if you are taking an overnight trip to Delphi as we did, you will need to take your luggage with you. This is not a criticism, just something to be aware of.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the street.
2  Thank Max_from_NY
Reviewed 17 May 2017

I am giving Marble House a 5 out of 5, not because it's among the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in, but because it is excellent within its class of budget hotels. It is spotlessly clean, the location can't be beat, it is very quiet, the bed was very comfortable, and the owner was always available and helpful. Our room also had a small balcony with a table and two chairs and the building is very secure. An added bonus is that fact that there is a fantastic and reasonable traditional Greek restaurant just a few steps away - Dio Dekares i Oka.

For folk who want luxury, or a spacious room, you may not be happy at Marble House. However, if you're a budget traveller or just want to stay in a very nice, simple, clean and quiet place, you just may love Marble House.

The location is a bit away from the major tourist areas, which to me, is an advantage. It's an easy 10- to 15-minute walk to the Acropolis Museum and just a bit further to the Plaka district if you enjoy touristic chaos. There is a metro stop just a couple of blocks away.

The hotel does have very effective air conditioning that's available for 5 euros per day and each room has a ceiling fan.

It's an excellent value hotel that I highly recommend.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the back and it was quiet. It's on a dead end street with hardly any cars, so probably all of the rooms are quiet.
2  Thank LisaBItaliana
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Loved the 3 day stay in it. Most of the times was out but the hotel is very nicely maintained. Small rooms but very beautifully decorated. Walkable distance to Acropolis. Right in the heart of Plaka. About 10 mins walk from nearest metro! Very helpful staff.

Stayed: April 2017