“Cheap and nice hotel near Plaka” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Athens Cypria Hotel

Athens Cypria Hotel
Ranked #60 of 325 Hotels in Athens
Madrid, Spain
“Cheap and nice hotel near Plaka”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

Nice and cheap hotel near Plaka, at about 5 min. walking distance from Syntagma Square and Monastiraki and 20 min. walking from the Akropolis entrance. The hotel is situated near Ermou commercial street. Upon our arrival, we were welcomed with a water, coffee or a juice at the bar next to the hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious and a little bit old fashioned but funcional and comfortable. There is wifi in the rooms, which is rare in most of the hotels in Greece. The hotel is a good option if your idea is to visit Athens and sleep in Plaka or next to it avoiding Omonoia square.
The bus stop to the airport is situated at a 5 min. walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank algioramos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Antalya,Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

we were on honeymoon when we stayed at this hotel.Its location was wonderful as we planned to wonder around by our bikes or on foot..but It had no parking place for our car,you have to pay much for car parking..they prepared our room for celebrating our marriage.this was beautiful.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank edantalya
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

I stayed here for one night in July 2012 and found the hotel very easy to get to by using Bus X93 from Athens Airport. The bus stop is 5 mins walk from the hotel. The staff at check in were lovely, the room was clean and the Breakfast was really nice.

Upon checking out I advised that the toilet did not flush at all and that the aircon leaked water and that I had to put up with water dripping into a buket all night kinda noise. The person filled out a form for the hotel handyman but did not bother to thank me for advising her or offer an aplology which I thought was totally rude.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Spils
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

We booked a family and were given a double, as we were told they were booked out of family rooms (my own little Jerry Seinfeld moment).

The hotel is clean enough and nice enough for a stay that didn't consist Of staying in the rooms very much.

I will say the air conditioning was marvellous and I'm not sure how we would have survived without it.

• Stayed July 2012
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

When I booked this hotel online, I booked more because of the location and the affordability of this hotel. I was a little hesitant about it judging by the photos online, but it had good reviews so I decided to go for it. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised on arrival, the hotel looks nothing like the photos, in a good way. I arrived early so my room was not ready; I was offered a complimentary drink at the bar while I waited. Upon getting to my room, again I was pleasantly surprised. Although I opted for a room without a view, it was spacious, clean, air-conditioned and had a welcome basket with fruit and slippers. The hotel is located in a great spot, it is just of Ermou Street which is awesome for shopping and has many cafes and street vendors (selling baked stuff, corn on the cob etc), banks and atms easily accessed. This street is right opposite Syntagma Square, where the metro is located and the tram station is also nearby. Also if you walk down the street till you see a square on your left, you will find a lovely street flea market that is open every day. The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful, and one of the ladies at reception gave me good recommendations with regard to restaurants in the area. Breakfast is was a worthwhile spread, with a variety to choose from.
All in all I would definitely stay at this hotel again as it provides value for money and has the added benefit of a great location.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

The hotel is located in the best part of Athens,right by the pedestrian street where all the shops are and a block away from the Parliament . There are cafes right there so you are instantly part of the relaxed and pleasant life downtown Athens. The rooms were very clean, nice and while there was nothing fancy about them they were just what we needed. Internet connection was also good. I highly recommend the hotel if you are in Athens.

• Stayed July 2012
montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

its funny, I booked this hotel based on reviews, and when we first arrived I told my friend, it was her first time in greece, my 9th, I told her, this is a great location, but doesnt look anything like in the picture online, but finally we went in, and the inside of the reception was quite nice. The receptionist was not the friendliest, but then when they had a shift change the australian greek lady was really great, The rooms are ok, not that nice looking, but the bathrooms are clean, a little small, but me and my friend and my 15 month old baby all fit in the room and used the bathroom just fine. the fruit basket is a great addition, especially since the fruit tasted amazing! not like or crappy canadian imported fruit. Like I said, the room was rather average,but not too noisy and the a/c worked great, we came early july and got a good deal for breakfast an the room, breakfast was diverse, same every day but good choices for the price, the service was good and they managed to accomodate me and my 15 month old baby, baby seat and baby crib in the room. Overall me and my friend are satisfied, my parents stayed in this hotel with us and also liked it, my mom especially liked the little shampoo bottles. :) oh and i forgot to mention, we liked it so much we are staying here two more days at the end of july before going back home.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family