“Small boutique property, with a great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hera Hotel

Hera Hotel
Ranked #23 of 325 Hotels in Athens
Chennai (Madras), India
“Small boutique property, with a great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed at the Hera Hotel for 4 nights. The rooms were really small, though we had a tiny balcony with a Acropolis View. Its walking distance from the Plaka and has the New Acropolis Museum across the road as well as cafes and restaurants.The staff very extremely kind and attentive- right from quick room service to guiding us around the city. There is a coffee maker in the room as well as free wifi. Would recommend the place to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for an Acropolis View Room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BarryDelhi
Chatzilia, General Manager at Hera Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback and high recommendation from your recent stay with us.

We were truly delighted that you were pleased with the accommodation, our central location and most importantly, the gracious and warm service extended by our colleagues.

Your recommendation of Hera Hotel is very important to us and we thank you for your loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.

Hotel Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed at the Hera while we were in Athens for a conference. We chose the Hera because of it's proximity to the Plaka, as well as being walking distance from the conference hotel. The price was reasonable, the room was small but adequate & the breakfast had lots of choices. The staff were very professional and always helpful, which was what really made the stay go from "OK" to "Excellent".

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank travelLi
Chatzilia, General Manager at Hera Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your stay with us. I am really happy to read that your stay with us was excellent! Our goal is to try to satisfy all our guests, on all aspects and levels of services.

If you ever visit Athens again, it would be our pleasure to accommodate you.

Once again, thank you for posting your good comments!

At your disposal,

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

This was the worst hotel experience of our lives. Our first room was filthy and the manager tried to convince us the stains and dirt were just coffee form prior guests and that the rooms were "deep cleaned" monthly. The only evidence I saw of any supposed cleaning was the vaccuum we had to avoid tripping over every time we came and went. We asked to be moved to another room after we couldnt stand the smoke smell. We did book a non-smoking room, but the next room reeked just as badly. We tried to get to another hotel the same day but weren't able to move until the next day. We took pictures of the ghetto view of our rooms. Police were constantly zooming past outside and although I hear this is the "good" part of town, we were scared to death. The rooftop restaurant was no good and breakfast was a joke. The manager was rude and pressured us to find out specifically why we left and where we were going when we checked out after one terrible night. She kept trying to get us to agree with her that the hotel is clean and nice. I was flabbergasted! We had two twin beds in the room we wound up staying in and a bug on the sheets. Needless to say, we didn't sleep that night. We moved to the AVA Suites which was clean and wonderful with a great staff who was happy to give us directions and advice unlike the Hera staff who didn't want to be bothered. It looked like the Hera used to be nice but it has fallen into a terrible state. I have never left a bad review anywhere but I feel compelled to do so here because it was SO bad. I wish I had known...once we checked in and saw how dirty it was, I started looking into the hotel and founds countless bad reviews that I wish I would have checked before we just booked without checking. Now I know!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank MrsRichmond
Dear Mrs. Richmond,

Thank you for choosing Hera Hotel and sharing your comments.

I am really sorry to hear about your experience with us. Its really sad to hear that you were so much disappointed with our hotel and services.

As you mention, we had spoken and I had informed you about our carpet cleaning process. Please rest assure, that I never try to mislead any guest, and whatever problem occurs we try to solve it with the best available way. I apologize, if you felt that I was rude or tried to pressure you on anything, but that was never my intention. Our goal is to try to satisfy every guest as best as possible and I see that we didn't succeed on that.

Regarding your comment on the location, please note that our area is considered the best and safest area of Athens. As in most big cities, buildings can be quite old and of different architecture as the one that you have pictured, which is located opposite of us. However, just walking a block , you can see the beauty of our city with the Acropolis and the old town of Plaka.

Finally, as you can see , we have a 4 out of 5 ranking star at Tripadvisor site, with most of the guests being satisfied with our hotel. The majority of the travel ratings are from Excellent to very good overall hotel impression. I know that we cannot please all guests, and we might have some disappointed ones. That's why I do take into consideration each comment and try to reply to all of them.

Once again, I am really sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with Hera Hotel. If you ever visit Athens again, It would be my pleasure to accommodate you and prove to you that we are not the hotel that you mention. I really hope, that we shall have the pleasure of proving our excellent name on our hospitality services.

At your disposal,

Should you wish
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

We have just returned from a weekend away in Athens at the end of March and stayed in the Hera Hotel. All we can say is Fab , fab, fab !
the location to all the sights is perfect only a short stroll to the Acropolis and other attractions. Our room was plenty big enough and was lovely and clean , with the towels changed each day we were there.We ate in the lovely roof top resturant on one of our nights and the food was great, service perfect and attentive without being pushy.
and the view of the Acropolis all lit up at night was mesmerizing.
Thaks to all the staff and the manager for makling our stay so enjoyable
We would definatley return to this hotel
S Rhodes UK

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have bigger balconies and a nicer view
3 Thank SueR402
Chatzilia, General Manager at Hera Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your rewarding feedback from your recent stay with us. We were pleased to learn that you found our hotel fabulous and enjoyable!

We were truly delighted that our rooms, and housekeeping services were to your liking.

We will most certainly share your comments with our restaurant team; they will be thrilled to learn about them.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!! In the interim, we remain at your service.

Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a long weekend in Athens, staying at the Hera hotel.
The reception and restaurant staff were very friendly and accomodating, and the room, although not massive was comfortable and well furnished.
The location of the hotel, approximately 100 metres from the Acropolis Metro station, and a similar distance from the Acropolis museum, was perfect for sightseeing, and grabbing a bit of 'Greek culture'!
There were also plenty of little cafe bars/tavernas on the doorstep of the Hera, so you are never far away from food and drink.
We ate in the hotel rooftop restaurant on one evening of our stay, and the food was very good quality.
We would definitely use the Hera again if we return to Athens.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the front of the hotel, as the balconys are much larger, and get much mor...
1 Thank foxcherrett
Dear Guest,

We were pleased to learn that you found our rooms comfortable and well furnished.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I recently returned from a conference in Athens and we stayed at the Hera Hotel. I booked the hotel online and requested two twin beds and a non smoking room. We arrived late the first night and were given a room with a double bed and although the room didn't smell like smoke, there was an ashtray sitting on the desk. When I said that I had requested two twin beds and a nonsmoking room, I was told that they did not get the request, it was not noted on my reservation. The hotel was fully booked so the first night my friend and I had to share a double bed. Not an ideal situation. We were moved the next morning to a room with two twin beds. The room was fine but we did notice that it had a musty smell. I suppose we should have complained but we just opened the door to the balcony to try and air it out. Overall, the hotel was fine. The beds were very comfortable. The rooms were fairly clean. There was some hair on the back of the tub and one of the coffee cups had a ring inside. The location was probably the best thing about this hotel. It is within walking distance of the Metro, the Acropolis, and the wonderful new museum housing artifacts from the Acropolis. There are many really good traditional Greek restaurants and shopping nearby the hotel as well. Our room was facing a street, and even with the window ajar, it was not too noisy at night. There is a restaurant on the roof and you have a wonderful view of the Acropolis. One of my colleagues had a room on the 4th floor and had a view from her room. Unfortunately, we did not have a view in either room we stayed. If you are looking for a hotel in the center of Athens, close to all the sites and shopping, you will not be disappointed with the Hera Hotel. Overall, it was good value for the price and as I said the location is perfect.

Room Tip: Perhaps request a room on the 4th floor facing the street and you will have an Acropolis view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sheila D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. We were pleased that our central location, attributed to your travel experience.

I am really sorry to hear that we had misplaced your request regarding your room and created a small discomfort on your arrival date. Regarding your comments for the room, I have shared them with our housekeeping department so that we prevent future such situation.

We look forward to having you with us in the future and kindly ask that when your travels next bring you to Athens, that you contact me directly. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Just returned after 3 nights at Hera Hotel and can only praise the hotel for its amazing rooms and service. The location is absolutely perfect 10 minutes from Acropolis and so close to other attractions, shops and bars. The only thing that might have topped the stay would have been if the roof terrace was open and we could have enjoyed the view from there. We will definately return for another stay in the future

1 Thank Bangle_9
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your generous feedback from your recent stay with us

We are truly delighted for your praise on our rooms, to our central location and most importantly, the gracious comments on our service extended by our colleagues.

Your recommendation of Hera Hotel is very important to us and we thank you for that.We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.