“More than a tour company..outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fantasy Travel

Fantasy Travel
Ranked #14 of 281 Tours in Athens
Alfred, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“More than a tour company..outstanding”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

First let me say that we are seasoned travellers from Canada and wanted to travel to do island hoping in Greece. We had picked the islands we wanted to visit but needed some guidance for hotels, tours and transfer as we knew ferries could get complicated. We booked everything with fantasy travel and were so impressed with their attention to details. We made some compromises as to suggestions from Paula but all turned out for the best. We were always picked up and transferred on time and with great service. We had many stops and we only had an issue when we arrived late in Cretes..we had rented a car but missed the car company somehow with the hectic departure from the ferry. i was a bit panicked as our hotel was an hour away ...have no fear Maria Christina transfer coordinator from fantasy travel was called by my husband and within minutes she had contacted the company and we had our car to continue with our travel . she was my hero from then on!
We had 3 tours one was the Athens half day tour. We were not that excited about this one but were happy we went. The guide was bilingual (french english)and so knowledgeable we loved it ...too bad i cant remember her name
We also did the semi private sailing tour in Santorini to the volcano...memorable
As for the last tour there was a last minute change to the tour that was wine tasting in Santorini. The time did not suit us and we were reimbursed ...no problem
We have only good things to say from this company. Don t hesitate to book with them they really know Greece and have partners all over to help you have a memorable trip

Visited June 2014
2 Thank zezettePlantagenetON

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Alcester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The happiest honeymoon we could have ever had :)”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Wow! We had the most amazing honeymoon so a big thank you goes to Angeliki for all of her hard work, organisation and communication!

My husband and I were a bit anxious using an online Travel Agency just because its all sorted out via email rather than person to person (obviously understand why it is the way it is) but that's why I asked lots of questions which were always warmly greeted and promptly replied! Once we had landed all of our worries were put behind us! We were personally met by Maria who was lovely and very welcoming. We had a great taxi driver who chatted with us all the way to Titania (our booked hotel in Athens). We went on some fantastic tours, we loved the life on the cruise and saw some beautiful island in Greece. Santorini was so romantic, we saw some amazing sunsets but also got the chance to walk on an active volcano! After the stay in Santorini we were booked for a final night back in Titania Hotel in Athens and were provided transport booked through a ferry company. The ferry was so comfortable and having a seat booked was perfect! We also followed Angeliki's advice and went to Athens acropolis at 8 as it opened then. This meant our final morning in Athens was an early start but we were so happy we went at that time because we were leaving at about 9 and 100s of people were arriving then so we timed it perfectly! Then Maria was fabulous again, we had a couple of free fun photos taken in the airport and she even escorted us to the check in!

So a huge thank you is all we can say, we were so grateful for all that we had arranged for us and took all the pressure off ourselves for getting round and about the beauty of the Greek Islands.

2 Thank Gemma C
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I worked with Yana at Fantasy Travel and everything was so easy. All plans went accordingly. They were accommodating, flexible and made my trip to Santorini and Athens stress free!
I highly recommend.

Annapolis, Maryland
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Saves you the leg work”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

A trip to the Greek Islands of Sifnos and Santorini was just one part of a larger complex European vacation. While I handled all the booking that got us to Athens and from Santorini to Istanbul, wanted someone to coordinate the Greek island part of our trip.

So we used this agency to coordinate travel from Athens to Sifnos to Santorini and arrange for hotels in Sifnos and Santorini and transfers. First thing was a little nervous about doing a large credit card transaction with a foreign company I did not know but they are honest, legitimate and above board. All communications where timely and professional. While perhaps not finding me the absolute best hotel options on the Islands, booked us into decent places. Best part of the service was having them deal with the ferry time tables and schedule changes. When our ferry schedule was changed, Paula took care of it adjusting the hotel reservations and rebooking the ferries (thanks!). Getting off the Ferry in Santorini at 4AM and having a driver waiting was fantastic.

What could have made this service 5 star? Several times during the process I asked for some options and was offered option A or option A. Perhaps their fee structure or commission does not allow for more personal service but would have liked options to choose from. When I asked for a late check out in Sifnos after our ferry schedule changed to a much later departure, the first answer was sure for an 80 Euro charge. I pushed back hard and was granted a complementary late checkout. Not sure if I should be upset about the initial attempt to charge so much or appreciative of the end result. Finally the transfer driver in Santorini was booked too close to departure and then arrived late making the transfer at the (chaotic) Santorini airport a lot more stressful and close then it needed to be.

Now that I know Greece would next time feel comfortable putting together a trip like this on my own, perhaps saving myself a few bucks and being more selective with hotel choices. But if you don't want to deal with that, this is a good choice.

1 Thank ccdave
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastaic Fantasy's Litsa and Company”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

BRAVO to Litsa in coordinating my second trip using Fantasy Travel. She, for the second year proved to be priceless as she not only managed to arrange EVERYTHING I asked for, but also provided the BEST staff to help us drive around (Yanni and Vegelli), the BEST guides and hostesses (Efi, Katerina, Christina) and more. Till next year my friends...efharisto para poli!

3 Thank ChristineVarnavas