“Nice new restaurant”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
London
“Nice new restaurant”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My friends took me to Matilde for dinner a few days ago. Given that I don't eat Pizza, I was a little worried about what I would find on the menu.
Firstly I really enjoyed the overall design of the space, not too traditional but nice touches mixed in with more modern elements. The terrace was good even though it overlooks train tracks (which I guess gives a certain vibe to the neighbourhood).
Our waitress was more than helpful when we came to order, she recommended some cocktails (very good cocktails). We were advised that the starters were very generous and that we were about to over order. She was entirely right! I highly recommend the Vitello Tonnato which was delicious and could have been a main course given its size. My friends pizza seemed delicious and my salad was too.
The wine list is short but seems very to the point, we had a great Brunnello to accompany our dishes.
Would happily recommend this restaurant to more than the pizza lovers.

• Visited August 2012

• Greek first
Athens, Greece
“Italian pizza to die for!”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

A great place with great service and pizza to die for!
Best time to eat before 10 p.m., it gets rather crowded before midnight as it is a rather trendy dining spot.

• Visited May 2012
athens
“A true Italian experience in Gazi - don't miss”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

True Italian food with emphasis on pizza, great antipasto and an interesting wine list. Cozy atmosphere and a attractive combination of industrial design with italian elements. Once there you will be a regular customer.

• Visited May 2012