“Comfortable Hotel in a Great Location!”
Review of Airotel Parthenon

Airotel Parthenon
Ranked #48 of 326 Hotels in Athens
Houston, TX
“Comfortable Hotel in a Great Location!”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My husband, daughter and I stayed here last August. The hotel is in a great location. It is close to a metro as well as within walking distance to the Parthenon. There is a pharmacy and a few restaurants scattered nearby as well as a small grocery store with a limited selection. Ask the front desk how to get to the grocery store since it’s not very large and not in an obvious location.

Our room was a decent size. The a/c worked okay as long as we kept it running even when we were not in the room. We were given two room keys when we checked in and in order to get the lights and a/c to come on in our room we had to insert one of the room keys into a docking type station in our room. We took both keys the first day we left the room and when we got back it was very hot and it took forever for the room to cool off. After that we left one key in the room in the docking station at all times. Our room had a small balcony but it faced what appeared to be someone’s apartment so there was no view. The bathroom was a shower/tub combo and our shower had plenty of water pressure and there was also plenty of hot water. The bathroom also came equip with a hairdryer. I don’t think the hotel provided any wash cloths (it’s common in Europe for hotels NOT to have wash cloths) but I always bring my own from home so it wasn’t an issue. The beds were very comfortable and the room was quiet. The hotel is located on a side street with little vehicle traffic and mostly pedestrian traffic so that really helped to cut down on noise. The wifi connection in our room was strong and it always worked great.

The breakfast at this hotel was very plentiful and it was included in the price of our room. It was the most plentiful breakfast that was included in the cost of a room that I have ever had in Europe.

The front desk staff at this hotel was great and they spoke excellent English. I had a minor medical issue and I needed to see a doctor and have a lab test done as a result and a woman named Yoda (which was told me was short for her very hard to pronounce Greek name) at the front desk made all the arrangements for me. She found a doctor’s office/lab that had staff that spoke some English and she set up the whole thing for me. She also helped translate. When I got to the lab there was a language barrier so I gave the person at the lab the business card for the hotel and the lab tech called Yoda and Yoda was able to translate for us which saved the day. Yoda was also able to help me with my prescription at the nearby pharmacy that I was given as a result of my lab test.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 15 July 2012

It's possible that they were just having a bad couple of nights, since all of the other reviews were so positive, but we did not enjoy our stay here much.

Pros:
The staff was very friendly
The location was fantastic
The breakfast buffet was pretty good.

Cons:
When we arrived, there was no hot water - this was later fixed
The air conditioning didn't work, we tried to change rooms, but the air conditioner in that room wasn't any better. The A/C was basically just a fan - warm air blew out of it, absolutely zero cooling. It was hotter in our room than outside, so we just slept with the windows open.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thisisthedesk
Melsomvik
Reviewed 15 July 2012

On my first stay in Athens I stayed at this hotel. It was a very good experienxe, and I will recommend it! Clean rooms, good beds, airconditioned, close to the Acropolis and Plaka - with many godd resturants and ta vernas + nice shoppingopportunities!. Walking distance to the best attractions is important to me so that I dont have to worry about transport and spend both time and money to "get there". The personell was very nice and helpful - serviceminded and warm! I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
ottawa
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We loved this hotel. The location was fantastic. Easy to find after taking the airport bus to Syntagma Square, with a little bit of help from a local. Right in the middle of all the sights, but quiet and calm on a side street. Larger rooms than we are used to in Europe. Put us in side by side rooms, sometimes not so easy. Tea and coffee in the room. A balcony for smoking. Quiet at night, no street noises, or other guest noises. Very nice breakfast. The staff were lovely, so helpful and patient especially with my mangling of some Greek place names. We walked to everything!! Just be careful crossing the roads, they like to drive fast and don't like stopping for red lights! Our room was in the back and if the building behind us wasn't there we would have had a spectacular view of the Acropolis, which was right behind us not in the distance. Lots of tourist restaurants near by, but if you wander a few streets over there are lots of great restaurants which all give huge servings for great prices. Perfect hotel for a stay in Athens.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

The location is fabulous, but the rooms are shabby, towels are threadbare, and the breakfast buffet is much smaller than it was just a year ago. Breakfast is available from 7 to 10am. There used to be a choice of cereals. Now only one cereal available and it ran out at 8.05am. The container was then removed and not refilled/returned. Disappointing. Definitely not a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I am not sure how they got a 4 star rating it was 3 at best. My room looked nothing like the photos on the website. I was a single and they put me in a room with 3 twin beds cramed in with little room to walk. The bedding had the ugliest orange blankets that were old and gross. The did bring me a new blanket when asked. The location is excellent, walk right to the Acropolis the new museum, Zuess and more. Righ in the heart of Plaka the town for shopping and dining just outside your door. The airport is about 40-50 minutes away and a 50Euro cab ride. Ferry port is about 10-15 min away and cost about 35Euro for a taxi. Breakfast was good and offered a wide selection. Customer service was good. Free Wifi only worked in the lobby. Lobby good use some updated. If your lloking for a good cost hotel with a good central location this is perfect.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Horrible hotel, it was disgusting! Don't know how it got so many great reviews.

It should not be rated 4 stars at all, it should be a 1 or 2 star.
Don't know why I wasted my money on this hotel, could have got the same quality in a hostel!!!!

It's in a gOod location