Airotel Parthenon
US$180
US$166
Elvoline
1,574 results
All reviewsmakri streetgreat locationnew acropolis museumacropolis metro stationwithin walking distanceside streetcan't beat the locationquiet streetsouvenir shopshadrian's archminute walktriple roomthe hotel staffplaka districtbreakfast buffetdecent sizegreek yogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I had a very good experience at this hotel. I booked it at the last minute due to messed up ferry connections and was pleasantly surprised. My room was spacious and very clean and the staff was nice & helpful. The best part was the location. It's just 1/2 block from the walking street at the foot of the Acropolis, with the Temple Zeus a 1/2 block the other way. The only drawback was that the breakfast was mediocre - the yogurt wasn't very good (isn't that criminal in Greece?) and the rest of it was uninspired if plentiful. But that's an easily overlooked aspect of my stay here. I found it a good choice to stay in Athens on my own & would likely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I don't like writing bad reviews cause I feel bad...but it was just an overall disappointment in multiple ways. I've been fortunate to stay in 4 star hotels in numerous cities across the world...and in my humble opinion, this was not a 4 star. The only thing going for it is the immaculate location which is literally just a 2 minute walk from the Acropolis Museum and Metro entrances. Wait, the wifi was also good. But unfortunately, that's where the pros end. Our room had a horrible, putrid, sewage like smell, every single time we entered it...and it took 5 minutes of blaring the A/C for my wife and I to be able to unplug our noses. The rooms are old and outdated and don't have much space in them at all. The bathroom was very tiny and you couldn't step in and out of it without having to move the door again and again. Not to mention the shower head which was so unstable that it kept moving around while showering...and falling...it actually fell on my wife's foot...I barely escaped injury myself. Oh...and the toilet with the permanent, weird stain...I don't even know what to say about that. While I don't really have a complaint about the staff, there wasn't really anything at all special about how we were treated. The whole experience left a damper on our trip to Athens.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harnarayan S
GROUP-AIROTEL, Guest Relations Manager at Airotel Parthenon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2014

Dear Harnarayan S,

Thank you for staying at the Airotel Parthenon while travelling to Athens last summer and for taking the time to share your comments. It is with pleasure that we learn that your stay was an enjoyable one and of your satisfaction with the level of service you received from most of our staff. However, regretfully we have made note of the technical problems you faced and would like to apologise for the disappointment caused you. We have gone through your comments very carefully with the relevant departments to see where the problem areas lie and to ensure they are not repeated.
Once again thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.
We hope that despite our shortcomings on this occasion, you will nevertheless grant us a renewed opportunity to welcome you back to the Airotel Parthenon hotel and provide you with the experience you should expect to receive from us.

Kind Regards,

Dimitris Koursaris

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We arrived from Crete at about 7.00am expecting to just leave our luggage until afternoon - but got into room immediately, Also, requested breakfast that morning as an extra we expected to pay for - but there was no charge when checking out. Triple room as simple but air conditioning worked - no view but at price we paid not a problem. This hotel is a short stroll to the Acropolis and there are dozens of great restaurants within five minutes walk. Also, underground station is just round the corner - one stop to city centre but easily walkable.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet - front of hotel looks into narrow street, back of hotel onto backs of other buildings.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We planned to stay only one night at this hotel on our way home from our holiday. We were up early to visit the Acropolis and then having booked out of the hotel we went for one final walk to the main mall and whilst there we had our passports stolen. The staff of this hotel were amazing in their assistance and we were quickly booked in for another two nights and directed to our embassy, airline and insurance company. Their genuine concern for our welfare was outstanding and led us to believe that whilst we had one bad experience this was compensated by the care we received.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WheatbeltWanderer
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel represents excellent value when booked well in advance. It is located in an excellent location within easy walking distance of the main sites. It is in an very safe area. The staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast is very good and is located in an airy and fresh room. The bedrooms are quite dated but clean and adequate, however, our mattresses had collapsed in the middle and need replaced urgently. The bathroom toiletries included a toothbrush and toothpaste and a shaver and shaving gel ( more than the best 5* hotels), replaced every morning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple