“Good clean and spacious hotel”
Review of President Hotel

President Hotel
Ranked #156 of 325 Hotels in Athens
Sydney, Australia
“Good clean and spacious hotel”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently and I was quite happy with my experience.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable, the bathroom was big, clean and with all the needed amenities, beds very comfortable.

I unfortunately did not get to experience the pool as it was closed. This was the only disappointment.

The breakfast was fantastic, so much to choose from, great variety. From hot food to toast, fruit and vegetables.

Staff was friendly and helpful. And the look of the hotel from the inside was very impressive.

Location was ok, not the absolute best but for the price it is very decent. the metro was a 10 minute walk.

I would certainly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Top floor if you can, the noise level was not bad, I had no issues.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I spent 4 nights here while attending a conference. The room was large, clean, and had good water pressure. Staff were nice and the breakfast was substantial. Location is nice. City views and not far (10 min) from a metro station. Recommended.

Room Tip: The higher you go, the better the view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Travelibrarian
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Room and bathroom big and clean, beds very comfortable. Three stops on the metro from the centre of things and the metro very simple to navigate with a station 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Make sure you get a room high above the very busy, loud road outside. Breakfast poor quality and the "hot" option was very, very cold each of the 3 mornings of our stay. Staff efficient but the front desk staff and concierge seemed unable to smile - unlike everyone else we met in Athens who were fantastically friendly. The bar at the top of the 21 floors was pleasant with a great view. We booked this place because of the pool only to be told it wasn't open. Eventually we managed to get them to admit it would not be open for our entire stay because it wasn't warm enough. It was 23 degrees. Worth checking before you book. But all in all, good value for money - we paid £160 fB&B or 3 nights.

Room Tip: We were on the 18th floor and had to keep the windows closed because of the road noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Edmonton
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Nice rooms, but two single beds pushed together instead of a double or queen size bed. Clean and quiet, very good breakfast. Only negative was that I was foolish enough to ask their front desk staff for a recommendation on where to find asome good burgers, assuming naively that Greeks made the best in the world. They sent us to a dive called "Goody's" and I was thoroughly embarassed for my family, as that is like a McDonald's. Totally gross. Next time, just follow Trip Advisor recommendations for food and ignore the staff/

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Bath
Reviewed 25 April 2014

First time in this hotel, and it was excellent for two reasons.

Firstly the comfort of the rooms and polite and helpful staff. Don't be put off by the exterior as inside the public areas are well appointed - with free WiFi - and the rooftop terrace and pool very comfortable, although for the pool we were "out of season". And an added, and unexpected, bonus - valet parking!

But the other reason is how they handled a problem. We had our rental car broken into and GPS stolen. At first we thought this had happened whilst the car was at the hotel. The duty manager was very responsive and explained very clearly how this could not have happened and what their night security staff ad reported when we returned one evening. In fact it had been stolen in town.

Sadly the true mark of any kind of service provider is how they respond when tings go wrong - in this case the President Hotel passed with flying colours.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BroughtonBoy
Singapore
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Firstly, it is a well priced hotel, but so are many in Athens. When first arriving at the hotel, my initial impression was that it was an older hotel, but at least looked well preserved by way of the appearance of the lobby. It had that sort of cool 60's vibe and look to it.

The first signs that things were going down hill were the fact that there were odd and even floored elevators, which by todays day and age you would thing would have been upgraded. Upon arriving at my floor, the smell whilst not terrible, was at the same time, not clean and fresh by any means.

The room was fairly sizeable, but the layout was amiss. I was given a room with two twin beds, one near the door and the other along a wall. The bathroom, was large, and obviously set up for handicap access. But all the handicap accessories looked and felt as if they would unhinge from the wall with moderate pressure. Overall, I did not find the bathroom to feel clean at all. Aside from that, the sole amenity was a small soap bar.

Breakfast was interesting, as I was alone, and the room was packed. So it was a choice if either leaving my belongings at a table or maybe seat at a table, and then get my breakfast, or get breakfast and risk not finding a seat. I chose the later, as I had my iPad with me. The food, coffee and OJ were all a true let down. The coffee was mud, the OJ was a powered mix for sure.

On TV, there are only local channels, as far as I could find.

It served it purpose by giving me a place to sleep and shower in the morning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank larrybud
Goa Velha, India
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Nice lobby for a city hotel.There are many other places closer to the centre and the action but this suited us fine. We had a guide who took us around so distance from the city centre was not a problem, though some may find the location inconvenient.
Polite and helpful staff. Room was big enough to be comfortable.
The roof top restaurant and pool are really nice -excellent ambience with lovely panoramic views. Ala carte menu was good though service was quite slow. Breakfast was OK. We were there for 4 days and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family