“Okay if you don't mind huge hotels!”
Review of President Hotel

President Hotel
Ranked #135 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 29 July 2014

First, the good bits... Nice rooftop pool with stunning views. Staff v helpful and friendly Rooms are fine, bit dated but fine. Comfy beds. Near the metro station (about a ten min walk which can feel a lot longer in the heat! Decent check out time of 12noon.

The not so good bits... The lifts can take ages (there are 21 floors though!). Breakfast was often chaotic with so many people, things run out and aren't replaced very quickly, including cutlery and plates. NOT GOOD! Loud poolside music didn't appeal to me. Unfortunate that the pool is open to the paying public on the Sunday as an already busy space becomes super crowded and getting a lounger is nigh on impossible most of the time. Be warned that if the hotel calls a cab for you, an extra 3 euros is charged. They only use one cab company and the guy I had took me to a different station than requested and charged me more for the privilege.

To sum it up, only stay here if you get a good deal and are okay with huge hotels!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,565)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel is nice, but it certainly can benefit from upgrading. The lobby looks great until you reach the lift which is simply unacceptable for the hotel this size. The rooftop is worth it but the rooms needs new carpet and if possible, new mattresses. The one I got has sunk in. Location is just ok, not near any interesting tourist destinations but the surrounding are is clean and relatively modern. Breakfast was good but again, nothing special to mention. Wifi is free at common areas but slow. During our visit, the parking area is under some constuction works and we are told to park at the aisles which was not exactly nice because we are not sure of the safety and it makes extra hassle to find parking spots plus we have to then walk to and fro from hotel.

2  Thank Vera V
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Pros: nice size rooms, relatively quiet, comfortable beds, great top floor with nice pool and rest area with great 360-degree view of the city

Cons: mediocre buffet breakfast, dirty carpet, musty smell when a/c was on

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

-I was quite satisfied with our stay at the President Hotel... No further no
more comments, no more comments, no more comments, no more
comments, no more comments, no more comments, no more comments,
no more comments, no more comments, no more comments, no comments,
no more comments, no more comments, no more comments, no comments,
no more comments, no more comments, no more comments, no comments.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The service at this hotel was very rude. The rooms were extremely outdated, the air barely worked, hair dryer fell off the wall. The elevators were slow and did not work at times and the layout was confusing. After travelling for 20 hours I and arriving at the hotel at 9 am, I asked if I could have an early check in, the answer was a firm "NO". Then I asked if I could pay for an additional day so that I could check in and sleep and the answer was again, a firm "NO". The only good thing about this hotel is their rooftop pool and the amazing view from that area. Otherwise I would not recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to get a better view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank AnnieG14
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I travel a lot for work and leisure and have stayed in many places. This was buy far the worst. Ultimately it comes down to very poor service and the exorbitant rules in place. The most disappointing is that the focus was more on rules and policies rather than making guests feel welcome. First sore point was my request at the time of booking for a non-smoking room. On check in I was advised that the only rooms available where smoking. This was unacceptable and I showed reception my originally booking with the non-smoking request. Miraculously a non-smoking room appeared. When we got to the room the was a clear linger of cigarettes, I wonder how long it was non-smoking for.... Wifi very limited and access and only in common areas, however there are only certain spots in the common area you are allowed to linger before you are asked to move on as they have rules. The pool area is very nice and amazing views over Athens, however the service is again to be desired. On our first pool trip we were told we have to have orange towels for a 20 euro deposit. We didn't have any money on us, but were forced to go and get some. Also at the pool we were advised charging drinks/food to the room is accessible only to customers who are here for a long stay... We were there for four nights... Not long enough obviously. The service of the pool staff was very poor. Trying to get someone's attention to order a drink was hard, and after that you could still wait 30mins for your drink to arrive. The lifts are very old and need major updating. One lift we tried to avoid as it stopped mid floor one trip and opened the doors and froze. In the bedroom the bathroom is so tiny. Very hard to sit on the toilet comfortably. Finally breakfast... Completely disorganised... Consistently running out of utensils and plates. One morning I had to wait fifteen minutes for a spoon to eat cereal. My recommendation is don't stay here or even consider it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
1  Thank JD2509
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Located on a major city avenue, 7-10 minutes walk from Metro station. Magnificent lobby area and fast check-in/out. Large room, comfortable bed, spacious bathroom - everything was extremely clean and tidy. Unfortunately the furniture & decoration were old, and outdated, both in rooms and in public areas on floors - there was a large CRT TV!

Breakfast area was crowded every morning, and the buffet was not adequately refreshed to cater to so much people. Elevators were very old and noisy. There was free wifi in the lobby, but you have to pay for wired internet access in your room. Room service prices were extremely high, to the point of making jokes about it (a 150ml water bottle priced at 2.20E + 1.50E for delivery at room!!)

Overall, the hotel is very decent but a bit overrated for 4 stars and such prices.

Room Tip: Choose a room with view to the Acropolis