“Excellent price, excellent hotel”
Review of President Hotel

President Hotel
Ranked #154 of 325 Hotels in Athens
“Excellent price, excellent hotel”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We paid just 60€ for a night at this hotel and were very happy to find that it had all the necessary amenities including air conditioning. The furniture was modern but the bathroom looked a little outdated. In any case, we thought overall the hotel was relatively luxurious for a very cheap price. If we are ever in Athens again, I'm sure we'll come back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 22 August 2014

On my way back from the Greek Islands, my boyfriend booked me into this hotel for a night as my ferry and flights were on different days. Travelling alone for two days daunted me but I felt assured by the idea of staying in a luxury hotel for the night.

While the hotel was fancy and the lobby was stylish, the man at the reception on the night of the 18th of August 2014 who greeted me was so horrendously rude. I was flustered checking in as I didn't know what information to give him, my boyfriend had sent me a reference number so quoted this, rude receptionist was not impressed with this and asked for my name. Did not smile once during my check in which intimidated me into not asking the questions I needed to know for my next day of travel. Went to my room, which he gave me directions to feeling upset and unwelcome. Called down only to him answering my call to ask if breakfast was included in my room, this was obviously a very stressful task for him to check, hummed and hawed for ages. then after 5 minutes on hold told me he would call me back, which he never did. Absolutely terrible service.

Rooms are grand, bed super comfy and great view. But bathroom was laughable! The 'Bath' if you could even call it that was the size of a bath for a newborn, wouldn't be able to sit in it unless you were a child. Could barely shave my legs in it.

The receptionist on in the morning of my check out were lovely, so helpful and friendly. Also the man who brought my bags to my room was lovely and friendly, very welcoming.

Room Tip: I was in room 1706, 17th floor and the view was just stunning. Double room, but not suitable for a l...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Athens hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed for several days at the end of May with mostly good memories. The room was spacious and comfortable, as was the bed. The location is good and close to metro stops. And the the view, what can I say that hasn't already been said. It's a great roof top pool view. On the down side....this was an unusually cool/cold May and either the pool has no heat or more likely it was not turned on. It was too cold for most people to enjoy(except for the kids). And further the swimming ended at 7pm, Maybe with a little bit of warm water we could have "adult swim" from 7-11" using the buddy system or something. Athen's has thousands of years of touring to do during the day, most days we didn't even get back till after 7! Let the pool be for more then a photo op in the brochure. My other issue was the "free wifi" in the lobby -spotty at best. During our stay, I came to understand that the hotel was being used for qualifying exams for elementary school students. So throughout the day the lobby would fill with screaming kids and parents, who were understandably loud. However no one else could think or read an email ect. If the hotel wants to extend their facilities for such purposes, they may consider extending the "free wifi" to guest suites.

The President Hotel offers a good included breakfast to get you started in the morning and a unrivaled great view of the city before bed! I would recommend it to family and friends and stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed here with my family for a week long trip to Athens at the beginning of August. The hotel isnt particularly impressive from the outside and is on a very busy road in the middle of Athens, However, once inside you step into an impressive lobby with lovely marbled floors, and pillars with a beautiful skylight. The staff were polite, helpful, and courteous, including the reception, porters, and cleaning staff.
We had booked a triple room, which was fairly standard, but very clean, quiet, and more than adequate for us.
Although you can eat in the hotel restaurant, it is quite pricey, so we ventured out into the streets
nearby, and found plenty of cheap places to eat offering great food. As a vegetarian I thought I might be very limited for choice, but was pleasantly surprised by the variety available to me.
The best part of the hotel for me was the roof top pool! Apart from the fabulous views of the city, and Acropolis, there is a fantastic lounge/bar area, which exudes a sense of luxury. It's a great
place to relax throughout the day, or even better in the evening, to watch the sunset over a lit up
Acropolis. The pool has lots of loungers which I expected to all be taken, but on the two mornings
we went there, we had no problems getting three loungers together. You have to hire the towels,
but you do get your money, back so make sure you have your Euros ready. Again the pool area is very clean, and tidy and there is a lifeguard on duty, so it's very safe.
After reading some of the reviews about the breakfast, I didnt expect much. However, I was
very happy with the amount, and range of food. There was a great choice of hot food, cereals, yoghurts, different breads, fruit, cheese, cold meats, juices, teas and coffees, so much it was hard not to over indulge. Also, I liked the fact it was served from 6.30 until 10.30, which for those of us who like to have a lie in and not rush, is a bonus
Ok if I had to criticise, for me personally, (maybe it's the British in me) but I do like tea/coffee
making facilities in my room, which there was none. Also the hotel has no fitness suite, which I would of expected for a hotel of that size. I was also disappointed that there was only free
Internet/wifi in the communal areas, and if you wanted to access it in your room there was a charge.
Overall, we enjoyed staying at this hotel and would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Cyprus
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stay there for 10 days!! Nice and very helpfull staff! The rooms were clean! I loved the roof pool.. Drink and food were perfect!! Very closed to metro station! Very good breakfast!! Free internet in public areas!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Staff is really nice and friendly specially the guy named Dimitris.
Hotel location is very good the tramway is just infront of the hotel. .
Hotel breakfast is poor.
No Internet in is rooms only in the lobby.
Roof top of the hotel has a very nice lounge and swimming pool.
Room is good (try to have a room in an upper floor to view all Athens)

overall feedback is that the hotel is very good but the need to work on their breakfast.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just as 99% of the reviews on bookings dot com say, staff is rude, rooms are outdated, air conditioning is sub par, overpriced WiFi in room access that was constantly not working. Mosquitoes in room/no screens on windows. There was a mistake on our booking and we needed an extra day, the staff locked us out of our room, and only allowed us in accompanied with a security guard to get my laptop so I could book one more night and wait an hour in the lobby before they would let us back in the room.

The pool and penthouse is nice in appearance, but pool is always overcrowded, we went to the penthouse to order cocktails and waited about 45 minutes to get served, even after asking directly at the bar that we would like the waitress to take our order.

Staff seemed really under-trained and cold. Paying with a credit card was for some reason a huge issue and took a half hour trying to check in when I finally just decided to pay with cash due to staff incompetence.

The sad thing is there are so many negative reviews about the same issues I bring up, and the hotel doesn't seem to care or do anything to address these issues.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel, or ask for a room with working A/C, working WiFi, no mosquitoes and that has be...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple