“At Tempi once again!”
Review of Hotel Tempi

Hotel Tempi
Ranked #117 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Everytime that i visit this hotel i understand why it is always full. It has very good prices, nice clean rooms and a really friendly personnel. the family that runs tempi hotel make you feel very comfortable and they always help us with everything. i also like that there is always the possibilty to send an email directly to the hotel and book with better prices. and ofcourse the two great things about this lovely place is the perfect location in the heart of athens close to everything that is beautiful in this city, and the rooms that offer a balcony with an amazing acropolis view.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was shocked when I found out that I have to carry my 20 kg luggage to the 5th floor all by myself trough those rounded and narrow steps!! It took me half an hour to get to my room!! But I asked for help for getting it down and they had send someone for help. Other wise I couldn't get my stuff out of there.
On the other hand the location was really good. I hade quick access to the bus for the airport and the shopping area was very close. I had the view of Acropolis and there were lots of good cafe around the hotel.

4  Thank Nzgl
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Room is disgusting with stinks in bed, pillows, toilet, shower. It's completely not how it was looked from the pictures they showed. Location - it is really not that close to acropolis.. You need to walk for at least 20 minutes uphills and stairs to get there under the sun. The hotel owner also has serious attitude problem. My fiancée and I requested an early checked in, so we checked into the room at 9am. The next morning according to the hotel policies, check out time is 12pm. However, the hotel owner came into our room at 10:50am, knocking at the door yelling asking us to leave. He went nuts and screamed at us saying that we stayed in the room for 26 hours. It was ridiculous how he didn't communicate with us in advance to create this argument. When we explained to him that he should have told us earlier and asked him to calm down, he blamed us blaming him, continue yelling and being so sarcastic. This is not a biased review because of the owner as I would recommend anyone not to stay here because of the quality. Honestly why don't you stay in hostel rather than this disgusting so-called "hotel" with no hotel services while you still need to bear the owner's attitude?

4  Thank VacationProf
Yiannis K, Manager at Hotel Tempi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Sir / Mam, I would like thank you for your stay and express my disappointment for
reading this kind of review.

From the hotels point of view I would like to state the following

1) The acropolis in on a hill witch makes it impossible to avoid a uphill walk and stairs
towards it, it is approx. a 20 minute walk from Tempi and we also have half rooms with
acropolis view !

2) The room is cleaned with authorized cleaning products and combined frequent checks
from my side to have in order as cleaning and customer support is key for our right operation.

3) Regarding the check- in and check-out, the day of check-in we suggested to you 2 different
rooms, the first room you would check-in at 12.00 and for the second you could check-in at the
time you arrived (9am) but that we would need the room the next day at 11.00 for the reason
that we where waiting for a elder couple that could not stay on higher floor. You preferred the
room with early check-in and the next day our cleaning lady knocked room door at 10.50 and
you did not answer twice so I knocked once more then you answered unfortunately you did not
show the corporation and understanding for this special case even though it was pre-agreed.

4) This is a family business and we always try our best for our customers satisfaction

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Was right in the center of Athens,,,,,,,,,walking distance from subway.....I walked to many sites...staff was friendly and helpful............keep in mind its a budget hotel........walk up, no elevators, some rooms have shared bath in the hall.......no phone in the room....A/C,,that makes the room cool, not cold,,,,,,,clean bathrooms and clean room,,,,,,,,,,my room was quiet....right next to bars, café and resturants...........If your wife or girlfriend is fussy,,,,,,,,she will not like it her....I stayed here solo for four nights........tip:ask for a room on the lower floors.....unless you need the excrise..walking stairs..........TiP: go to the AKROPOLIS first!,( 8-9AM is best) because your ticket is also good for 5 or six other sites for the next four days!,.....Tip: use the metro from the airport, easy to use and cost a LOT less than a taxi ( unless someone else is paying the bill)

Room Tip: ask for a room on the lower floors!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mike K
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We got a small room with a shared bathroom and it's pretty simple, but clean enough. There is a small sink inside the bathroom, which is really helpful. The shared bathroom and shower were very clean.

The location is amazing. Right in the Plaka neighborhood, near to the "Souvlaki street", 10-min walk to Syntagma Square, and a 20-min (?) walk to the Acropolis. Restaurants and bars abound. Actually, we have to close our balcony door to be able to sleep because there are lots of bars in the street underneath us.

Make sure you request a room with a balcony. We can see the Acropolis from ours!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed for 3 nights at tempi. The accommodations are modest, but pleasant. I found the staff to be very friendly, including the manager- contrary to other reviews. I think if you are polite, and manage your expectations you will be happy. This is pretty much a hostel. Free wifi, great location, helpful staff. I had a great time. There is also an air conditioner in each room, which is essential in Athens. You are in the monastiracki region, in the midst of shops and cafes. A short walk I the hip plaka area. I was there urging the week, so the music outside calmed down by 11pm, and some of the nights there was very little music. The stairs could be tough for older travelers and the infirm. If you are young and healthy and are struggling to climb up 4 flights of stairs I would recommend working out more :) enjoyed the stay, and will stay here again when I return!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have stayed at the Tempi at least four times over as many years and it has always proved the perfect solution. It is surrounded by cafes and restaurants of all types so the simple solution of providing a little kitchen for when you want to make your own tea or coffee is just right, and a chance to meet other travellers as you do it.
Everything that posher hotels offer is also there in a simple way - rooms with balconies, a/c, TV, extra pillows, shampoos and soaps, etc. And above all, the friendly reception staff, armed with information about everything concerning Greece.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo