Hermes Hotel
Herodion Hotel(Athens)
US$212
US$179
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Museum Hotel(Athens)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$161
US$356
US$230
1,635 results
All reviewssister hotelsyntagma squaregreat locationhotel plakawithin walking distancequiet streetevery morningbreakfast roomadjoining roomsrooftop terracecentral locationsmall hotelshort walkgreek yogurtexcellent hotelstayed for nightsclean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The staff is brilliant! Everybody is always smiley and welcoming! Dionisis, receptionist, is a very nice person, talkative and fun! Dorina is the manager and everyday during breakfast she stops by the restaurant and talks to every guest to understand their stay timing in the city to put together a itinerary so the guests can take most of it! I have never received a treatment like this in any hotel in my life including 5 stars! This is really the best! If you haven't planned your trip, don't worry, Dorina will help you out! Location is great, Appolonos street is a bit dark, but Athens is a very safe place! You will be walking distance to the best attractions and to Plaka which is a fantastic neighborhood to wander... ATMs, small markets and good restaurants are nearby! The hotel is also 3-5 min walking from Syntagma square, where the bus from the airport drops you off! Room is of good size for a couple, fully equipped, modern and very very clean! The double bed is actually two single beds connected, which is not great but I believe it is becoming a standard lately. Breakfast is very good(not spectacular considering South America standards), it has President butter which I consider a premium brand! It has Greek and continental options for every taste! Try the yogurt with honey! Wi-fi is great, free of charge, so you can share your amazing Athens pictures! You can print your next boarding passes in the reception at no charge! The view from the top is nice, but not spectacular! You can go to their sister hotel, Plaka, for a magnificent view, just tell you are from Hermes and you will be welcome! Overall: outstanding value for money, great team, great location, good breakfast and good room! Definitely Definetly coming back when in Athens again, I recommend this to everyone!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Henrique C
Dorina S, General Manager at Hermes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

What a fantastic review!
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with details to other TA readers.
We thank you for mentioning the good selection and quality of our breakfast as well as our friendly staff. Comments such as these, are a tremendous motivation for us all to continue offering the standards of service to our guests.

Hope to see you again on a future trip to Athens.

Best regards from all of us.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

To start with the location is perfect. Close to Syntagma, the main shopping district, and the Plaka district. Cheap food can be found at one of the tavernas out front or at the noodle bar next door. The place is clean and offers free internet with a computer and printer (great for printing your boarding pass). The free breakfast is one of the best I've seen. It's a huge buffet of traditional Greek things as well as simple bread and jams.
The best part was that the hotel has a luggage storage room so while I was away exploring different parts of Greece I could store different things there which was great for a back packer like me. For example I visited both the islands and Mount Olympus and in the middle I was able to drop off my souvenirs and swimsuits and pick up my hiking boots and warmer clothes.
Amazing!

Room Tip: The elevator can be slow so try to get a room on a lower floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

We are so pleased to read that you we were able to offer you a very positive experience and assisting you during your tour around Greece.
Thank you for your comments on our breakfast and your high score.

Looking forward to seeing again.

Best regards

Reviewed 21 September 2012

The Hermez was recommended to us by a Greek ex-pat and it turned out to be perfect for our family. We stayed there on three occasions during our trip to Greece and after the first one it was like coming home as everything was familiar. The rooms are small compared to N/A standards but clean and comfortable. Breakfast was also good and allowed the kids to make their own visual choices. Location is perfect. We walked the three blocks there from the airport metro and we were right in the middle of Plaka. All the things we wanted to see were within short walking distance. As I mentioned, the metro is on your doorstep if you want to go to the port for a ferry. Our return flight from Greece was cancelled, so we had to stay an extra day. Our rooms were already booked and unavailable, but the friendly staff managed to get us into their sister hotel the Plaka. It was only a few blocks away and was equally as nice.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Family,

We are very pleased to read that you had a very nice time in Hermes Hotel and that you were feeling like at home after coming back few times.
As we know it is difficult to travel with children, so we are pleased we managed to offer you a positive experience.

Best regards to all of you.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

This small modern hotel is very centrally situated for all the sights of Athens and shops. Very friendly helpful staff especially the girl who spoke to me every morning to see if there was any help I need ( so sorry I have forgotten her name but she was brilliant). Good price for such a central location and the quality of the service. The fridge, air con, safe, wifi are all included in the price. Its very clean and well maintained there is a view of the acropolis from the rooftop terrace but only from certain parts of it and the terrace was a pleasant area to catch the sun in a big city.
The only thing that would have improved this hotel for me would have been a kettle in the room and ability to make drinks. The bottle of wine was a nice touch but I don't drink so for me you cant beat a cup of tea or coffee. They do have complimentary tea and coffee and biscuits in reception for most of the day and were happy to provide hot water whenever I wanted it but for this you had to go down to reception so a kettle in the room would have made this 5 star for me instead of 4.95. Its a minor niggle, if I go again I would take a travel Kettle and I would whole heartedly recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony ask for a room at the front of the building
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Lesley_P_C
Dorina S, General Manager at Hermes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience on T. A.
We are pleased you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel. Referring to your comment on a kettle in the room, we surely value all the feedback we can get from our guests. As you mentioned we are offering free coffee/tea at the bar, as well as, continental breakfast all night long.

Hope to see you again.

Best regards

Reviewed 18 September 2012 via mobile

Can't find any fault with the Hermes. Great location. Arrived by the X95 bus to Syntagma square. Short walk to the hotel. From the hotel it is a short walk to all the sights in Athens, shopping, museums, the Acropolis, restaurants.
The staff is attentive and friendly, the breakfast was marvelous. The rooms are clean and comfortable.
I only wish I could have stayed longer.

Dorina S, General Manager at Hermes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2012

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your very nice review on Hermes Hotel, with small details that will help future readers of TA.
i am so glad you wanted to stay longer and we all look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards