“Good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #214 of 325 Hotels in Athens
SYDNEY
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

Recommend as a stopover between Athens airport and Piraeus. Had a very nice room? Lovely area to walk around , beaches and restaurants nearby. Reception staff very friendly. No pool but beach 10 minutes walk. Breakfast buffet but adequate.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank SRN41

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Grenoble, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

As said by many other users, the Plaza Vouliagmeni is very well located, close to the beach and in a very nice area. 30min from the airport (by Taxi) and 15min from Glyfada (taxi).
The staff is lovely and very helpful.
My only remarks are about the hotel facilities. Its not a new hotel so dont expect to find luxury or fancy furniture.
About cleanness i dont recommend the rooms in the first floor. 2 colleagues of mine had problems with "unexpected roommates" (cockroaches) but i didnt have any issues on 5th floor.

Room Tip: get 4th or 5th floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Bottan
Pristina, Kosovo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

Perfect location, close to very beautiful beaches. Hotel staff are very courteous and helpful. Excellent breakfast. The surroundings of the hotel are perfect for walking or jogging, a lot of parks also for visitors with children. A quiet area but not many shops close by.

Room Tip: Excellent breakfast.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

For the value this is a great little hotel. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. There is a breakfast terrace with enough food to set you up till lunchtime, there is a bar on the top floor and the views we had were lovely. The beach is within a very small walk and it is a GOOD BEACH too. There are also some fantastic restaurants within walking distance and I was told that the Italian restaurant on site was perfectly fine too.
We ate our lunch in the hotel opposite - only because we were obsessed with their BLT sandwiches and salads and it was peaceful too.
Our room although dated was a good size, incl the bathroom with walk in shower. I am particularly fussy about cleanliness but it was absolutely spot on. The sheets smelt fresh, the room was made up well and quickly, I asked for 2 more pillows that got delivered super quick and being a person that wears ear plugs at night generally, the road noise wasn't at all bad... I would go back.

Room Tip: We were in Room 401 on the corner - the curtains were a little broken here and there and the decor w...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tiredbunny2002
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

Plaza Vouliagmeni is a lovely hotel. The decor is a little dated but it's comfortable and clean. Staff were very helpful, and breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobFromLondon
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

I stayed at Plaza Vouliagmeni Strand Hotel for 4 nights several years ago. Unfortunately, there was not a safety deposit box in the room so the front desk told me that they would hold my valuables for me when I left my room. Per their instruction, I left my passport, wallet, credit cards and money with them while I explored Athens. When I returned later in the evening and asked to collect my personal belongings, the front desk denied ever having taken my valuables. They accused me of losing my valaubles and blaming it on them.

I calmly asked to speak to the manager who reiterated that I must have lost my personal items and that the hotel was not responsible. I continued to insist that the staff member (who was still working his shift at the front desk) had taken my items, and the staff member became very angry and hostile and accused me and my husband of slander.

Apparently slander is a punishable crime in Greece, and after an argument ensued the manager called the police to arrest my husband and I for false accusations against the staff. The police escorted us to the station and informed us that if we continued with our accusations of theft against the hotel staff, we would be put in jail.

Needless to say Plaza Vouliagmeni Strand Hotel was the WORST hotel experience of my life. I am a very seasoned world traveler and have traveled without incident prior to and subsequent to this event. I would recommend that travelers avoid the Plaza Vouliagmeni Strand Hotel
at all costs.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank ebny

Travellers are raving about these Athens hotels

Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

The hotel itself is 3 stars and could use some updating, but that is my only complaint. The staff was amazing and helpful. They let check in almost 4 hours early, rushing to get the rooms ready (2 rooms booked) and they were connected rooms as requested. They arranged taxi's for us and for a shuttle to pick us up at the airport. Be prepared, the elevator can only hold about 2 people, but the bell hop took the luggage up for us. Complimentary breakfast and wifi. Not too far from the beach and our room had an amazing balcony with a partial beach view. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank creolehut
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athens
Grand Resort Lagonissi
#31 of 325 in Athens
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,896 reviews
Psirri / Gazi
O&B Athens Boutique Hotel

Been to Plaza Vouliagmeni Strand Hotel? Share your experiences!