Athens International Youth Hostel
US$216
US$211
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We took a 6 bed room for 3 people, and the price was reasonable.

Free Internet, clean rooms, and a good location with the metro at 200m.

The receptionist at night is quite rude, thus the rest of the staff is really nice and helpful.

You can cook on your own in a modern and well furnished kitchen, and a breakfast is served every morning in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I was staying in this hostel for a few days only, so take my words with a grain of salt.

+ cheap
+ close to the metro
+ clean beds
+ all-you-can-eat breakfast included, although very restricted selection (bread, butter, one kind of jam, tee, orange juice)
+ air-conditioner
+ free-internet

- location is smelly
- no public kitchen
- old furniture
- elevator is small for two standing person without luggage
- bathrooms are awful, water is only mostly warm
- cheating taxi driver (the hostel offers to call a taxi for you. The one which I got took me to the Syntagma Square for 10 Euros, while normal ones on the street would have made it for around 5 Euros. The driver tried to convince me on the trip, that I'm late for my flight, because I need to checkin two hours in advance. In my opinion he tried to suggest, that I have to take the taxi to the airport otherwise I would miss my plane. I would expect, that at least I should get an honest driver when I use the service of the hostel)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank pionere
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I stayed in this hostel during my backpacking vacation. The rooms are ok and the best is you get free Internet and 24hrs reception that is as good as a tourist information. The hostel offers breakfast and dinner for a low cost.
The only thing I could complain about is the location. It is about a 30 minute walk to the Acropolis. And it seems like the hostel is not in the best neighbor hood. Trash on the street and I saw an old guy getting his pack of drugs ready.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank AIKORegensburg
Reviewed 17 June 2009

The hostel was clean, but not really near anything you'd come to Athens to see. There's a nice souvlaki place around the corner. There was fast wifi available in the room which was nice. My biggest (and really only) complaint was the air conditioning in the rooms. It was VERY hot while we were there and at night, I would wake up sweating. The other people in our room had the same problem. The two guys at the reception desk seem very nice and helpful. They stored our bags in the bag room each day and there were lockers available in the room if you bring your own lock. They also have towels for rent. Our room wasn't smoky, but there is smoking downstairs in the lobby almost 24/7.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2008

Negatives
- Noisy hostel, too many school kids around who destroyed the atmosphere
- Lack of shops/ restaurants/ cafe nearby
- Dirty room with cracks in walls and old furniture
- Sheets, blanket provided not particularly clean
- Need to pay extra for air-conditioning, without the remote control which prevents you from adjusting it to a desirable temperature
- No where near the standard of other international hostels in western Europe (e.g. YHA England, HI Switzerland)

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank lemon_ho