“Great experience!”

A for Athens Cocktail Bar
Ranked #5 of 139 Nightlife in Athens
More attraction details
Owner description: Face to face to the Acropolis.On our top floor, we created an urban terrace, with the most stunning view to the Acropolis, Plaka and Monastiraki Square. An ideal place to have your breakfast in the morning or enjoy our house special cocktails at night. Minimal design is set to enhance your viewing experience and our menu is created with special care, with emphasis on local and healthy ingredients.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went this weekend with my BF out for a drink. He chose A for Athens roof bar.
Although it was full, we were welcomed very nicely by a friendly well dressed guy that gave us a table right away. We had no reservation.

After we gave the order to the waiter, he moved us to a better table with even a better view than the one before and bigger because we ate also.

The food was delicious and I appreciated very much the ingenuity of the dishes. For the souflaky instead of using a wooden stick they used lemongrass sticks that have an amazing flavor. Also the Mojito salad was great, perfect dressing, very light but with a strong taste, delicious dried fruits and nuts, very big, healthy and fulfilling salad.

The cocktails were delicious also, we had 2 each. Lots of flavors, strong, quality alcool, refreshing and sexy. :)))

The music was nice also, mostly '80 that pus us in a dancing mood, it's a great place to start the party night.

The Akropolis view it's impressive, I added pictures.

Although it's an open space, because Athens can get so very hot in summer, they used strong air conditioning to keep the place cool, otherwise with all the crown it would have gotten hot. Great effort for the customer's comfort!!!

For sure we'll be bk!

"cocktail menu"
in 6 reviews
"roof garden"
in 5 reviews
"fantastic view of the acropolis"
"top floor"
in 14 reviews
"greece"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I went here my first night in Athens. You enter a hotel and take the lift (elevator) up to the top floor. It's a cocktail bar on the roof. We walked up some additional outdoor stairs to get to the very top. It was busy but the place isn't all that big. We stayed for one cocktail and then went on to the open air cinema. It wasn't difficult to find a spot to stand with a table for our drinks. The music was fitting and it wasn't too loud, so it was very pleasant in terms of atmosphere, to talk, look over the entire city, and have a presumably well made cocktail. I say presumably because I couldn't taste the alcohol. It tasted very good! I didn't catch much of a buzz from it, but perhaps the heat was soaking the alcohol from me. I don't know. I'm no scientist. In any case, it was a nice and refreshing drink and I think it's a great place to come for even just one cocktail, to get the view of the city from high up, and very centrally located, so it is likely you will walk past here at some point anyway if you are walking around the city. Stop by for a drink, I doubt you'll regret it!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Amazing views, great cocktails, good music and a very pleasant atmosphere. I was recommended it from a local at an event I was attending for work and I'm so glad I went. Open until late - a great place to chill out and look over the city of Athens.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had a lovely evening here as a group of five watching the sunset over Athens. It was worth it just for the view.

The food was average, but not bad. Not a lot of variety on the menu and not particularly memorable (small pizzas, baguette with salmon and cream cheese, other snack-sized options). Cocktails also average - not spectacular.

Overall a really enjoyable evening. (NB: very long toilet queues for women)

1  Thank gtrain_11