“Excellent service!”
Review of Sandals 4u

Sandals 4u
Ranked #26 of 187 Shopping in Athens
More attraction details
Owner description: We are specialists in traditional hand made leather sandals. We have been a major supplier of Greek handmade leather goods for over 3 decades. Based in the traditional area of Plaka in the centre of the ancient Athens marketplace, we have catered for the needs of the international visitors of the area for high quality leather goods of unique Greek design and quality.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have no idea if this place is any better than other sandal shops in Athens, since I didn't come here to shop shoes. But as my all-time-best-ever Birkenstok sandals died just next to this place, after having taken me through Athens during the past three weeks, I went in and found some nice sandals at a fair price. As I considered whether it would be too embarrasing to take my worn-out -shoes with me home - and had decided just to give them up (they really looked like something that not even a homeless would wear), the seller picked them up to inspect them, and without even saying anything he repared them on the spot, without any charge. So now I have both a pair of nice looking sandals to go out in the evenings and my good old comfy Birkenstoks to climb the hills in daytime:)

2  Thank Lise S

Reviewed 18 June 2014

If you have the chance to find yourselves in the Capital of Greece , Athens , then you need to make a stop to this magnificent , traditional but in the same time modern shop at Plaka. I found leather handmade sandals with excellent quality and amazing designs. I have tried more than 10 different pairs and all of them were comfortable and unique. I could not decide what to buy !
The owner of the shop is very friendly and he is there to assist you with the best way .
I will definitely recommend this shop with the most beautiful leather sandals in Athens!!

1  Thank Voula G
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Friendly owner, good merchandise. Nice designs of sandals and bags, genuine leather all made in Greece. Indulge on the sandals as they are pretty and comfy! I also bought a full leather wallet for my brother at only 18 euro! There are five sandals shop in this area, look for the last one on the street heading to Monastiraki Square. Kudos!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I see good reviews on this shop, but I have different experience when I pass by the shop minutes to closing time. I only knew time was up as I picked out one shoe of my size and wanted to try and was going to get it if fits well. Sandals were placed along the walls so likely its for people to try out. Out of courtesy I asked the staff(if its the bearly big man being the boss, omg!) If I could try on, he grabbed the sandal from me and asked me for my size and then stonely said there is no size for me and turned his back on me. The most ridiculous reply as I coldly stared at the sandal with a no.8 size on it!
I turned into another road after this strange exchange and when I return to the street 5 minutes later, I saw him busy packing his goods back into store. I can only assume but go Melissinos Art instead even if they are more costly but at least their service is tip top!

4  Thank bcmum
isidoroszografos, Ιδιοκτήτης at Sandals 4u, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

We were sorry and quite surprised to read your review. However, none of your descriptions fit our store or its owner and staff. It is very clear to us that you must be referring to a different shop selling similar products on the same street (there are at least 6 stores selling similar-looking products in this region of Plaka, Athens).
We are well-known for our courtesy to our customers and have always strived for the best possible service, as a consistently top-selling merchant since 1947.
We hope this might refresh your memory, as we are absolutely certain this review mistakenly refers to a different store and not Sandals4U.
Kindest regards.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Sandals are very locale for Greeks and are a good buy.

Though prices are on the higher side.

Variety is aplenty and the shopkeeper is very friendly.