Located on a busy corner of down-town of Athens a 20 minute slow bimble/walk away from the tourist area. Inside looks a little like the interior designer had been going for the "older aunty trying to be hip" look? Interior fashion disaster aside, it was clean and the staff friendly and attentive.
My room 610 faced the road but with good double glazing no real problems from the constant traffic. Be careful with the air-con setting, not a complaint but first night I almost freeze dried myself, just set it to low and it will save you getting frostbite. Standard hotel layout, clean bathroom and nice selection of shampoos. TV English channels limited to CNN and BBC news, (the other channels where all just Greek to me) the pay for view has a good selection of the latest movie's, however high cost. FREE Internet via plug in cable is hidden behind the TV.
Breakfast had a reasonable selection, hot and fresh (nice chefs special eggs), only comment is the single DIY orange juice maker and the queue of people waiting to use it.
In all, one of my better hotel experiences, Good value, location and clean. One last point, before travelling I read in other reviews on TA that the beds are little hard, agree mine was firm and there where lots of fluffy pillows, I slept like a log....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Athenian Callirhoe Exclusive Hotel is a unique Luxury Boutique Hotel in the heart of Athens City where style and comfort are happily coupled to offer a pleasant stay with the finest accommodation and delightful culinary experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Lastminute, LoveHolidays and Hotels.com so you can book your The Athenian Callirhoe Exclusive Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenian Callirhoe Exclusive Athens
- Athenian Callirhoe Exclusive Hotel