“Great location”

Ranked #56 of 326 Hotels in Athens
Dhahran
“Great location”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The location of this hotel is ideal close to Acropolis and plaka. The breakfast was the best of all other hotel we stayed in Greece. Staff was not that friendly. Room was little small but the balcony was great. Overall it was nice hotel. Thank you to our travel agent Xenofon from Kivotos of Aegean travel for selecting this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Millsboro, Delaware
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was the third of four hotels that we booked through our travel agent; we booked 4-5 star hotels and I would say that this one was maybe a 3+. The rooms were clean, the amenities were nice, and the breakfast was good, but I'm just not seeing 4 stars. The location is great - near the Acropolis and Plaka and the tram runs down the street in front. We went to the rooftop terrace and decided not to eat there.
There's not anything bad about the hotel - just the rating is suspect. My recollection is the room rate was 400 Euros per night, which in my opinion, is too much. I don't know how much we paid because it was part of the package, though a little simple math tells me that we didn't pay that much for the room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Budrox
Lincoln, RI
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel was booked for us by our travel agent as part of our honeymoon to Greece so I can't really speak on the value because I do not know how much our room actually cost. But I would say that it was probably more of a budget hotel if I had to guess. Room wasn't anything special and the bed was pretty hard. This wasn't a big deal for us since we didn't spend much time in it. We never ended up eating at the rooftop garden restaurant but breakfast each morning was good. Location was pretty close to Plaka and the Acropolis but if I had the opportunity to choose where we would stay I think I would have picked something in Plaka if our budget allowed for it. Overall I would say that if you can get a good deal here over other hotels and don't plan on spending much time in your room, this place is a good bet.

Launceston
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

The Athenian Callirhoe Exclusive Hotel is really not that exclusive. It's location is ideal, 500 m from the Acropolis and Plaka. However the hotel is showing it's age in a few areas. Our room was a standard room and a bit shabby as were carpets in halls and the breakfast room furnishings the same. All could do with a makeover.
Staff were great, very helpfull. The rooftop restaurant has exceptional views and quite good food. There was one major problem, other patrons in the restaurant were smoking. A table of twelve behind us smoked continually all evening. This is disgusting, there is no other word for it. Just because there were windows open doesn't make it an outdoor restaurant. Europe as a whole needs to wake up and ban smoking in all food service areas.

1 Thank lonnieda
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I am only rating this hotel as average because the location is good (its in walking distance of almost everything), and I found the people at the front desk to be nice. But I strongly feel that calling this hotel a 4 star hotel is generous and I've read from other people that the 4th star is only given because of the view of the Acropolis from upstairs. Well you only get that view if you are sitting at or near the bar, so I dont know if that should really count.
We were on the second floor and the rooms are small, which isnt a horrible thing, and the view from our room was another building. The floors look dirty...not like they arent clean, but old. The bed is hard as a rock...as in equal to sleeping on the floor, and watch out because in our room there is a metal door stopper in the bathroom right outside the tub that my husband didnt see and stepped on and put a 1/2 inch deep cut on the bottom of his foot. And its right where you get out of the tub because the sink and counter take up 1/2 of where the tub is so you have to maneuver around it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bloomington, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed here two separate times during our trip to Greece, for one night after arriving in Athens before traveling to islands, and then for three nights for sightseeing in Athens. Our first stay was in a room on the second floor which did not seem on par with the hotel's reputation and advertising. It was a bit dingy and the bathroom was difficult to maneuver around in. However, during our second stay we were in a room on the fourth floor and found it much more comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was delicious and it was fun to squeeze our own orange juice and enjoy grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, and pastries. The hotel is a short walk from the Acropolis and the view of the Acropolis from the roof garden restaurant was neat. The food was good in the restaurant as well as at breakfast.

Room Tip: I would recommend choosing a specific floor or specific room in this hotel, preferably one on the up...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Checked in late so had only 6 hours in the room. Went on a tour but became unwell. I asked if they could let me have the room back for 3 hours but they said no ! As they were fully booked. I spent the day in reception running to the toilet. Despite the hotel being full all others were able to have late check outs. Lady with glasses on front desk has no customer service skills at all ! Not worth the money. The rooms are loud you here everything in the other rooms. Really spoilt a great holiday.

1 Thank Andrew O