“Worst hotel ever located in bad neighbourhood”
Review of Delphi Art Hotel

Delphi Art Hotel
Ranked #83 of 284 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 22 February 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. It was not our first time in Athens but it was the first time we felt unsafe while walking to the hotel every time. Weired people at the crossroad to the hotel that you had to walk through them making us felt very unsafe, not to mention the ones sitting at the square front of the hotel.
We had the suite on the 4th floor which was a nightmare. Very very poor room faclities. The shower gave us a hard time to work while most of the water was going outside of the tub making the whole toilet look like a swimming pool..

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 November 2009

I first visited Athens two weeks ago and i was recommended to stay at Delphi Art Hotel. It turned out to be a great advice. Besides the fact that the area is not one of the best to stay, we had no problem moving around as the metro and public transportation is close and taxis are easy to find. Hotel's staff was very very friendly, helpful & professional. Many thanks to the lady named Konstantina at the front desk, who informed us where to eat, where to shop, what to see & being so kind answering all type of questions. The suite we stayed in, # 502, was clean, big and decorated with a lot of style. Breakfast was satisfactory enough with a variety of tastes. Overall, we enjoyed our stay in all ways and Delphi Art is surely a place we will visit next time we are in Athens. Thank you all.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2009

we went to the athens and stayed at the hotel from 26/09/2009 till 01/10/2009..and i have to say when we got off at the airport and not knowing a word of greek and getting a cabbie who didnt know a word of english..and just by telling him omonia square and ag.konstantinou street he brought us exactly at the doorstep of the hotel..so i woud lhave to say that the location of this hotel is prime for anyone who wants to go in and out of the city and the suburbs or outside the city even..the staff was very very helpful in guiding us for the tours and around the city..esp constantina and nadia..the breakfast was good..could open a bit earlier thou..the area surrounding the hotel was a bit shady with regualr police watches..but you just have to keep ur eyes open and it should be alright..all in all a great hotel..

Reviewed 9 October 2009

If you like junkies shooting up 50 feet from the front door of the hotel, hookers around the corner and hundreds of refugees hanging around the streets this is the hotel for you. The City of Athens relocated all these fine folks from Omonia Square, a few blocks up the road and put then right in the middle of a number of hotels. When you look up a hotel in Athens and plot it in maquest or google it if the hotel you are looking for is within 6 blocks of 27 Ag. Konstantinou Street in any direction stay away.
We booked in for 3 nights and escaped the second morning. We moved to the Athens Plaza which is a 5 star hotel and cost 46 euros more than the Delphi. None of the staff were surprised we were moving. If you are looking for a hotel in Athens try to stay around the Parliament buildings as it is beside most everything there is to see in Athens. The Plaka, (the restaurant area and beginning of the old city) and the shopping district. Even though you are close to the Acropolis it is still a good 30-40 minute hike up to the top from Parliament Square and the Plaka. If this kind of walk doesn't appeal to you take a cab up for 10 euros and walk down.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Harold34
Reviewed 3 October 2009

Keep in mind that I am Canadian and a four star hotel in America is pretty good. And keep in mind that with Greece part of the EU, I thought a four star hotel was the same in France (let's say) and Greece....WRONG!!!!! When the cab driver showed us the hotel, I was puzzled. Puzzled even more when I saw the reception area. It was dark, no porter available, dirty walls...not good! and then I saw our room (210). I litterally cried when I saw it. It was a closet, a dirty closet that is...we were able to change room and get a not too bad room but yet again, the room was very small, the shower was leaking, there was no s&c, body lotion, etc...But one would think that when staying in Athens, you do not spend time in a hotel room as the city has so much to offer. While I totally agree, adding to the poor condition of this hotel, it is not a safe neighbourhood. It is surrounded by drug addicts shooting themselves. We saw men selling nettles, we almost stepped on needles...we saw people "high" on drugs walking around us. I never elt safe while walking back to hotel. I will never recommend this hotel to my friends and my family.

1  Thank Canadagirl98
Reviewed 1 October 2009

The hotel did not live up to to the advertised claims. Room: no tea/coffee making facility; 'recent' renovation appears to mean 1975!; first offered room had dirty walls, flaking paint, black mould around the bath, a door to the mini balcony that would not close, empty boxes of bathroom sundries; we changed rooms to a 'suite' with 'luxury' bath that had been installed the wrong way round and leaked.; hot water was intermittent. Breakfast buffet: orange juice diluted 90%, hot buffet itemse cold, tables uncleared. No toilet paper or soap in the lobby toilets. And worst of all, drug dealing in broad daylight was evident in the square outside.

Reviewed 22 September 2009

First thing was the street which lead to the hotel. The closer you came the scaryer the faces became. As the next evening taxi driver said - drug people.
The keycard wasn't working and I was told that there will be someone fixing it the very next day. Yep, didn't happen!
The balcony doors couldn't be closed, heat and the noise from the busy street was very obvious.
On my booking I had a request of a quiet room - I didn't even get a warning about the church bells starting at 7 am continuing every 15 minutes!!! If they had mentioned it upon arrival, would have given me the opportunity to prepare myself for an early rise (2 hr difference made the wake up call at 5 am!)
The shower holder came off and hit my foot. You would think someone would fix it for the next day - nope, didn't happen! It fell on my foot the very next morning!
I was taking a boat trip around Islands - requiered early breakfast. Nope, didn't happen. I was given a coffee (I don't drink coffee) and a slice of rich cake (no sweets for me that early in the morning!) - without asking, without a second thought the night porter's reaction was - We Give this To All our Guests!!! Yep, I'm not all the guests!
The area is not safe and taxis were requiered every night. And there is not much around the place. The staff didn't pay much attention to you. I would never give it 4* as I've worked in a 4* hotel and this was more like 2* and that's even pushing it!
I would never go back there again!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo