Marina Hotel Athens
US$204
US$198
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsomonia squarenice hotelmetro stationnice breakfastsuperior roombudget hotelenjoyed my staythe hotel staffshort stayrooms are cleannice roomwalking distancestayed nightsstreetreceptionistgreecesights
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We went in April:

Pros:
- close to Omonia station, close to a lot of places
- good value
- Adonis, the guy who helped us, is really really helpful and very friendly and could not ask for better
- clean
- free breakfast

Cons:
- shower has a habit of getting the entire bathroom floor wet because the curtain isn't long enough
- the shower is hand held, you can't leave it hanging on the wall when you shower so you only have one free arm
- they seem to have 2 websites, one with pictures of who knows what other high class hotel, and one that is more representative, but still optomistic
- some people might not like the Omonia district. We had no problem, but did see drug use once.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kcyho
Reviewed 14 April 2014

When I saw the 10 year old French Children that came to see Acropolis and Olympia, remind me of the old days, when along with my students came for a first visit in Athens. Running my 6th decade, it became obvious that apart from my children look, a fresh beginning of a day in Athens is more important for some of us than others. The hotel lobby and breakfast room guarded by their teachers was very multicultural interesting, if you consider the other nationalities that have stayed along with them. At the very end you need a good night sleep, a clean room, a centred location, and a good breakfast to keep you going, all at an affordable price. The hotel is my permanent place to be when I visit Athens, me and my family. And the streets are colourful and multicultural even if you drop by well pass after might night.

Room Tip: You must definitely select it on your way to other places or a short visit in Athens, since a day or two spend in city centre can actually drive you crazy, if you think that the hotel is located by the seaside, showered of the last lite of the sunset in Santorini, because is not. And at that price forgive me but when you spend time outdoors you need a clean affordable place to stay, because you have better things to do with your vacation / business allowances. Ask for a double room with two separate beds for a comfort sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank EurKar
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at Marina Hotel Athens with my wife end of March 2014. We were well received and Angeliki, the receptionist helped us a lot and offered very useful information for our first stay in Athens. All other staff were very friendly and kind. The price we paid for this hotel, for the service we received and the perfect experience we had, was quite reasonable and in deed quite worth of it. Very conveniently located in the center with perfect access to every where. I highly recommend this hotel.

3  Thank Sirus-Nazari
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife and I stayed in Athens for days at the end of March 2014 at this hotel.
The rooms were very clean and well serviced. The staff were great and very kind and helpful. As our first trip to Athens, we received many useful hints and support from the hotel staff. Everyone was so friendly... The location may seem a little unfavorable at the first sight, but it is perfect considering access to the city center and different sights. We walked to every where from the hotel.

2  Thank Sirus-Nazari
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The hotel is excellent and stuff is very helpful. Rooms were nice clean and quite. Is about 100 meters from metro station. Breakfast was nice. Apart from the area, all the rest were perfect. For sure it worth's the money you pay.

1  Thank Nikos B