Marina Hotel Athens
US$182
US$167
Elvoline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsomonia squarenice hotelmetro stationnice breakfastsuperior roombudget hotelenjoyed my staythe hotel staffshort stayrooms are cleannice roomwalking distancestayed nightsstreetreceptionistgreecesights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Staff at reception desk are extremely helpful and nothing seems too much trouble for them. My room was simple but very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was fine - nothing elaborate but enough to start the day well and no complaints. The hotel is only a few minutes' walk from Omonia Square, so very convenient to make use of the metro or to stroll to other places in central Athens. I do not hesitate to recommend the hotel at this price - clean, friendly and convenient. Reading some other reviews is odd - 'strange foreign people' and 'roughest area in Athens'. Really? Athens must surely be one of the safest big cities in the world and being 'strange' is one of the reasons people travel overseas to gain new experiences. It's not strange, just different. I, for one, certainly hope to visit again soon. Thanks for making me feel welcome.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Neil E
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I booked it using Expedia. When we arrived the kind receptionist said that the booking wasn't confirmed and the room was not reserved. They also said that Expedia should send an email to us, but they did not.
Fortunately, there was an empty, but smaller, room available and we stayed there only for the first night. The A/C of that room was noisy. The next two nights we stayed at a different room, bigger and without noise.
It was clean, with kind people in reception. It is bad looking outside(painted purple :/ ) but inside looks good.
They have a really old elevator but works fine(just a bit slow).
The neighboorhood (close to Omonia Sq) wasnt that bad as we expected but it was full of strange foreign people, who might look at you with a strange look. Although, none ever tried to harm us in any way.

If you are looking for something cheap, do not hesitate. I strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I think room 308 was the noisy and the smaller one...try higher floors maybe
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank YFCy
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had no troubles with our stay in this hotel. As students traveling, we were looking for an inexpensive but clean place to stay for our one night in Athens. The staff was very helpful. The area seemed a little shady, especially because we arrived at night, but the area looked better in the day. Not right in city center but very easy to get there from the airport by train (about 45 minutes). The buffet breakfast was good also!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I never actually stayed my full stay at this hotel.
As was unaware of the truth of it's location, ended up staying elsewhere. The hotel is true to all the photos inside but is located in one of the most roughest areas in Athens, and was actually warned by my taxi driver as it was a danger area, surrounded my a lot of the homeless, drug users and gangs.

Being a vulnerable young adult female I felt I couldn't stay. If you want to feel comfortable maybe reconsider the location.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel delivers good accomodation at low cost. Located near Omonia square (which is a good place to visit near the end of the night) this hotel delivers good accomodation at very cheap prices. The rooms are tidy and clean, the breakfarst is good (considering the price). All the interesting places of Athens (Akropolis and city centre) are within walking distance. The staff is very polite and helpful. Although the neighbourhood of the hotel seems awkward at first sight we had no problems during our stay at this hotel. We enyoied our stay and well revist this place the next time we are in Athens.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family