“Amazing food and great people”
Review of Athens Insiders

Become an ancient Athenian for a day Private activity
Ranked #6 of 41 Food & Drink in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A different way to discover the multiple faces and the little known treasures of Greece through the eyes of a local. Filled with unique insights and sharing a never ending love for the city we live in, we are committed to revealing to you the real Greece that we admire. Providing private and tailor made travel experiences we escape from rigid itineraries, stepping out the beaten track and sharing with you amazing hidden places and first-hand insights into our country, our lifestyle and our cultural heritage. You can choose from unique themed tours or just design your unique itinerary!
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We got picked up at our hotel lobby by or executive chef, George and he took us around the local markets and gave us some insight as to where the food comes from and what makes it so special. We ended up in a very nice house where George and his assistant started explaining us the menu we chose and how we were going to proceed. Everything was so fresh! We pureed our own tomatoes for the sauce, learned how to do everything in our 5 course dinner in a hands on approach. It was a blast and the freshness of the food and quality of the preparation was so good we can still taste it. We also got professional pics and the recipes to keep with us so we can try to reinvent it ourselves. A great experience, a must-do!

4  Thank Stephen D
Natalie K, Owner at Athens Insiders, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

What a delicious day that was!!!
I really hope you will prepare these dishes again, bringing home a taste of Greece!
Next time we could go one level up, and expertise on the Sweets!
Best wishes to both

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We spent an afternoon touring Athens on foot with Anthia and can't say more about our experience. The group was made up of just the 3 of us (myself, my fiancé & Anthia) and because of this the tour was very personalised and flexible. When we felt like stopping for a quick drink we did and Anthia was able to give us tailored information and recommendations. She also took us to places that we would not have normally been able to see in a big tour group and explained the current political and economic context on top of just the historical facts. It was absolutely lovely... a highlight of our visit!

2  Thank JennaFinch

I am so happy you enjoyed this tour as much as I did. It was wonderful meeting you guys and I hope we will have the chance to meet again in the future. I wish you finding a 'home away from home' in every trip you take.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Wow, Athens. My second visit and let's face it most of Athens is not pretty. What does it have that brings you back? Acropolis, Parthenon, Agora, archaeological museums, culture, cafe life, L I F E.
Athenians, going about their everyday life's. A hot, steamy intro into everyday Greece. I have so enjoyed my time here. Basic hotels, Grand accom like The Grand Bretagne on Sygmata Square.
Lovely peaceful gardens it a hustle, bustle city.
You will want to return.

1  Thank anitaspencer
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We shared a day with Anthia and Natalie and went to the Acropolis, the old part of Athens, markets, and parts of Athens we would never have thought to visit ourselves. They gave us restaurant suggestions and took us to a "locals" restaurant for lunch. They were very informative and we felt like we were doing a day tour with friends and family. I would defintiely do another tour with the girls and hhighly recommend anyone coming to Athens to do this tour particularly if you are only there for a short time in Athens.

5  Thank ClaireHenderson34
InsidersAthens, Manager at Athens Insiders, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

it was a delight spending time with you and your lovely family.
we are so pleased you enjoying our day together and you felt like home. Would love to that again.
Hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2013

A real highlight of our few days in Athens: not cheap, but worth every cent. Yanna took us on a walking tour of parts of Athens that we would never have seen as tourists, as well as some of the more usual fascinating sights. This was no conventional tour - we had some history, social comment, information on flora, politics, suggestions where to go - things you don't get on a tour bus. Yanna could not have been more considerate, tailoring the tour to our particular interests and allowing me a slow pace and plenty of stops for my gammy leg. Also, really helpful follow-up messages after the tour. A couple of days later I told my Athens business colleague about the "pie shop" that Yanna took us to - she said that her grandma used to go there with her and how did I find out about it!

6  Thank bigheff