“High quality, rich tasting but affordable food. Near monuments.”
Review of Veranda

Veranda
Ranked #1,544 of 2,510 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$6 - US$31
Neighbourhood: Kolonaki / Lykavittos
Description: The restaurant "Veranda more than coffee" has a small terrace where you can enjoy breakfast, lunch or supper. Our foods are made from fresh ingredients and cooked according to the rules of the healthy Mediterranean diet. Served with wine, beer, ouzo, raki or Cretan raki. Our prices are quite affordable. In our restaurant we always take care for the customer and his needs. Our goal is to have happy customers and we are trying in every way to succeed it.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The quality of the food is great: thick slices of pork for the gyro, amazingly zesty tzatziki. Just a few steps away from the Agora entrance -- a bit hidden though (on Panos Street), so not expensive. Wonderful kind servers!

1  Thank Laura G

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Overlooking one small Athens archaeological site - clean, good friendly service. English-speaking staff

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The location of this place is great, right in the middle of the historic Plaka district and overseeing the (I believe) Adrian Forum ruins. I asked for lamb which turned out to be delicious, but the dish and sides (french fries) are definitly not for the "faint of heart" literally, as the grease will not help to unclogg your arteries. We also asked for a greek salad, which has a seemeingly very fresh feta cheese and therefore had a great taste. The only downside is the staff: they were friendly but very hard to catch - I ended up having to stand up to pay at the counter, after 10 minutes trying to get the waiter to bring the bill, but that's European style.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

The food was excellent the service gave me heartburn. In the evening you have a great vow of the acropolis. Ten minutes after I was seated, when I was ready to leave, my order was taken - a hot Greek dish - eggplant with feta. The order came quickly. I savored every bite. I had wanted to end with coffee. Not a chance. Four waiters shaking down every person walking the street trying to get into one of the near thirty outdoor tables. After half an hour I got up to go into the cafe to pay. One of the waiters thanked me. I told him I wasn't leaving I was trying to pay.
Since the food was so good, I'd suggest asking for the bill the moment the food is delivered.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

In my 5 days stay in Athens I have eaten there twice and had cappuccino during the day. I found the chicken gyros extremely good, very tender chicken, nice bread and tzaziki, great service, nice kats....