“Great Tour in Athens”

Athens Walking Guide Private Day Tours
Ranked #88 of 290 Tours in Athens
More attraction details
Owner description: Reliable sightseeing, private fun tours
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Tour in Athens”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Athens City and Acropolis Tour was great. It was interesting way to learn about the history of Athens, led by friendly and knowledgeable guide. The price of the tour was well worth it and We were very satisfied with the whole experience.

Visited April 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Best experience we had in Athens!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We booked a private walking tour with Angelo of the Acropolis & the surrounding Plaka. It was by far the highlight of out time in Athens! Angelo has an amazing wealth of knowledge on the history, politics & religion of Ancient Greece, and tailored the tour perfectly to our interests.

Our walking tour was filled with fun & thought provoking conversations & Angelo was able to answer our every question. As another reviewer said, Angelo really is "a walking encyclopedia", but it is not just his immense knowledge that will bring us back, he is also a warm & wonderful person & his passion for Athens really shines through. We ended the tour feeling like we had made a new friend.

If you are looking to do a walking tour of Athens, definitely book with Athens Walking Guide. It will be the best & most memorable experience you have in Athens.

Visited April 2013
edmonton, alberta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A great walking tour of Athens”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We had the pleasure of taking two tours with Athen Walking Guide - all with Angelos. Our first tour was an evening tour from 5:30-9:30 and I think it was called "A taste of Athens". It included watching the changing of the guard, a sample of traditional coffee and sweets, a sample of spirits and ice cream, olive oil tasting, and ending with him setting us up in a restaurant for dinner. All of this was done while walking through Athens and getting an excellent introduction to the city. This was our first day in Athens and was an awesome introduction to the city. Our second tour was the Acropolis and Acropolis Museum tour. We did it in the evening as it was hot that day and it was much more comfortable for all of us. I could go on and on about it but to keep it simple I will say this was such a worthwhile experience and Angelos is the best tour guide we have had at any venue or city. He is very informative and engaging to adults and younger people. He will suit the tour to your needs and keep things flowing at a pace that is not rushed. We can't say enough about how enjoyable this experience was with Angelos and it made our family of five (Kids aged 17,16, and 13) very at ease with the city and coming away loving the city and all it offers.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank fortdental
AthensWalkingGuide, Owner at Athens Walking Guide Private Day Tours, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Lyle & Tracey,
Happy New Year ! My very best wishes for a great 2014!
I thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a review. I remember our tours like it was yesterday... the sweet indulgence in Syntagma, the sesame treat in Plaka and our late dinner in Monastiraki Square. It was an evening to remember! I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed it! However I feel like I should be thanking your family because after our two day tour the idea of Family Athens Tours was born which I will be conducting this year.
It was a pleasure meeting your family and if you are visiting again Greece drop me a line I would be happy to see you again.
Wishing you all the best,
Angelos
Detroit, Michigan
“Great Day with Athen's Walking Guide”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My family of five (including my five year old son) spent over 4 hours with Angelos walking around Athens. I can't tell you how much we learned from Angelos. He was a great teacher with my children using modern day props to explain Ancient Greek traditions. He also was great at explaining things on a higher level to the adults. I would highly recommend a day with Angelos to anyone visiting Athens. It was a very fun day that my family will always remember.

Visited November 2013
Naperville, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Angelo is a walking encyclopedia..............”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I found AWG on a search for Athens. I didn't particularly like the excursions the ship was offering mostly b/c they were 'pass by this', 'drive-by this attraction', ...I guess that's ok if you want to sit on a bus for all the attractions. From talking with others that have previously visited Athens, I learned there was lots to see - but the best way was on foot. Hence, the research to try to find something on my own. Irene, at AWG, was extremely easy to communicate with. She answered all my questions regardless of how mundane they must have been for her. This was my first trip abroad and hence, I was being cautious about lots of things. As I said, Angelo was a walking encyclopedia. I could not even begin to remember everything he told us. The tour was wonderful, the day was wonderful, and AWG even arranged for our taxi from the ship's pier to the meeting point. They were helpful in providing me with information on how to return to the pier using public transportation. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Kudos to them for the way they are running their business.

Visited August 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction