“Great Sunset in Athens!!!”
Review of Thissio View

Thissio View
Ranked #671 of 2,527 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Greek, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This is a perfect place to go after seeing Achropolis. Good food, wine and service!!! Beside all of it the view of Achropolis from the roof of the restaurant is amazing!!!!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

It is all about the view...honestly when the lights go up in the Acropolis and you look around, you feel a bit like a God...I think it is probably one of the best spots in Athens, needless to say that it was packed when we visited.

I must say that my whole experience there was very pleasant, met dear old friends, had some very nice wine and the view...

Starters tasted very promising and we couldn't wait for our main dishes, however all five of us were somewhat disappointed. The worst was the burger my son ordered which was very hard to chew, and when I tried it, it tasted like re-heated food. Another point to note is that the place is so dark (so that the experience of the view is better) that you cannot see very clearly what you are eating.

I would definitely visit again but will stick to wine and drinks and the odd nibble...

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Best view of Acropolis, excellent service, very good dinner and best prices. I suggest it for special nights.

1  Thank christos t
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I've had mussels and fillet with fruit punch. Food was bland for my taste. Drink was good. I was at the rooftop and the view is great but it had only candle lights and a single small one per table. I had to use my phone to see the menu and the food. For such a pricy and well decorated place you would expect to have more light when needed. The place was crowded and loud at the rooftop. Better go for drinks only.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Although I live in Athens, I discovered Thissio View about a month ago thanks to my friends. Since then, I have already gone there twice, once with them for an afternoon coffee and another with my husband at night. So, the bar/restaurant is ideal for every hour of the day, and during summer its roof garden is the best choice to enjoy your coffee, drink or food. The view of the Acropolis hill is absolutely gorgeous and during night, when the candles are burning and the hill is lightened, the atmosphere becomes really romantic!! Its prices for what we are used to in Greece, are normal if you consider that a cocktail here costs about 8 euros, whereas the majority of bars sell them from 9 euros.