“A safe place to eat.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Syntagma
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

It's a typical McDonald restaurant. What is special about it, is that is the only 24 hours open fast food restaurant in the syntagma area. There are some kinds of sandwich shops nearby which are open 24 hours. However they offer street food no proper toilets and very a few tables to enjoy your food.

There used to be many McDonald restaurants in Athens. Gradually their number is diminish. The Syntagma McDonald was the first which opened in Greece. It was a success and still is. Syntagma is a hub for commuters and tourists and that helps a lot.

McDonald's quality is obviously not top but is certainly a safe choice. Quality food in Athens varies and if you are not local, a bad restaurant choice may destroy your travel.

During midday the waiting in Syntagma McDonald is unbelievable. Early afternoon or early morning is a good time. It attracts many many tourists and mostly Athenians with low income. The burgers are cheaper than in London, Rome and other major European cities. Occasionally the have special prices or special burgers like during the Greek easter fast. A typical offer is 1 euro for burger, coke, ice cream, coffee, sweet etc.

Is a safe and very convenient choice for first time visitors of Athens.

2  Thank Veros G

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We went to the McDonald's store in Syntagma Square, in Athens, Greece. We ordered a McNugget meal with a sundae for 1euro extra. However, the service rep understood it to be milkshake, and charged us 1.90euro extra instead. When I tried to tell her, I wanted sundae instead. She just said sorry, and proceeded to process the next order for the guy behind me. I refused to leave and said please give me the sundae instead. She looked annoyed and finally informed someone else at the store. The other person told us that we told her milkshake. I shook my head and insisted I said chocolate sundae. She reluctantly went to get the sundae instead. Then, I had to insist on getting the change of 0.70euro back. Why should I have to jump through hoops to get a menu order corrected and get 0.70euro back? It is the principle of customer service! She had the card to swipe the machine and change the order, but she refused it and insisted on giving me a milkshake that I did not order or want. It took way to long and with negative expressions from the service representative the entire time. I would think twice visiting any McDonald's store even in the United States any more.

Would not recommend this store at all.

1  Thank tomx2014
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We needed a quick meal for energy to keep us on the go whilst exploring the sights in Athens. The McDonalds menu here was better than that in Australia with different burger options available. We selected the cheeseburger value meal and the small meal size (fries & drink) in Athens represents the medium size provided in Australia. The price was cheap and as usual, McDonalds burgers and fries tasted the same as back in Australia. The burger size here is also larger than that provided in Australia!

Nothing special. It's just McDonalds but you get the consistent taste and it's quick & cheap! Indoor and outdoor dining options are provided and it's a busy restaurant located right in Syntagma Square.

Also note if you need to use the toilets, they are located downstairs and you will need the toilet access code which is printed on the bottom of your receipt.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I did stop to try a shrimp burger but like all Mc Donald's food, it has just the taste of the salt and is unhealthy.... Pass your way

2  Thank Bambooly
Reviewed 9 March 2014

its justa macdonalds. Which means standard sanitized plastic medium quality food that can be trusted . The big advantage is that its open 365/24.

1  Thank etzi00