“Loved It!”

Open Air Cinema THISION
Ranked #23 of 339 things to do in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Cine THISIO is an open air cinema and therefore is not opened in winter . Each year opening date depends largely on weather conditions. Typically, the operation of the cinema begins the last week of April or the first week of May and ends in late October. We don't make ​​reservations and you can't book tickets, because we remain traditional, because the capacity of cinema is very large and because all seats are good . If you arrive about 30 minutes earlier you will buy your tickets in comfort, even in the extremely popular films.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

When you're tired of doing the typical tourist things in Athens, I highly recommend you try this. It was a beautiful night in June, and we watched a lovely movie with the Acropolis lit up in the background. This was a very comfortable and quite enjoyable evening - well, except for the people talking and texting behind us. I guess things aren't so different around the world, now are they?

All reviews
"akropolis"
"stroll"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I love this place! It has a great vibe to it, is affordable, has cold beer and decent snack food...The workers are nice and the chairs are comfortable...Whats not to like?

Reviewed 23 June 2014

It's an incredible summer cinema with an amazing view of Parthenon!!! It offers a variety of mostly new releases but also classic movies.I highly recommed it

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I went last summer.
The cinema has flowers all around its courtyard
and you can see also Acropolis.
The sound is good and the movies are usually English subtitled in Greek.
The bar serves cheese pies, ice creams ,refreshments and beverages.
An added benefit for me is they let you have your bicycle inside,
so you can see the movie without worries

1  Thank aldro10
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife and I both loved Cine Thisio. Once we arrived, we were greeted and led to great seats to see the lights hit the Acropolis. Because it had rained earlier in the day, they gave us seat covers so that we wouldn't get wet. When it started to rain again, they had a shelter in the back that you could sit under. The price for the movie was 8 Euros (a little much, but totally worth it). The early show (that we went to) began at 8:50 & the sound was great.

I would highly recommend Cine Thisio as a fun break from the museums and sites of Athens.

JL