“Perfection”

Ranked #87 of 2,576 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$19 - US$31
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Neos Kosmos at the number of 43 of Amvrosiou Frantzi, in a gallery that reminds of old athens you will find "Sarantatrio". An austere, friendly that remind you something from grandomthers kitchen but here you will taste them in dishes with more fantasy,inspiration and commitment. taste excelent wines and share the pasion for quality brand bottled greek wine. enjoy through a variety of choises of our menu extracts, made from grapes only, fron excellent varieties of grapes. that's why we encourage you to try and it will easily be your hang out yours and your companys. Greek tastes in the right quality and price.
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

First of all the food was amazing, perfect amount and is very cheap for the fresh and tasty ingredients. Went back twice during our visit!
We had the Sour Cheese and Tomato Salad, highly recommend it! The pistachio garlic paste with bread is so delicious! We also had the french fries which were perfectly seasoned and the grilled pork steak which was so rich and flavorful. The staff is very helpful when choosing dishes and drinks! This is my favorite restaurant in Athens and has authentic food to the area. Menu changes to the season.

2  Thank Marina F

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We tried some typical greek meat, I loved a lot meatballs and location is really relaxing as it is a garden between palaces!

1  Thank andrea1311
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We loved this place. We found it through TripAdvisor and discovered it was only a 10 minute walk from our hotel, so we visited it 3 times during our trip to Greece as we were in Athens at both ends of our trip.

We tried pretty much every item on the menu and a few specials too. We liked it all, although some were favourites (the pickled garlic and the shrimp giouvetsi)

We really liked the passion and enthusiasm of the owner - this is a man who really cares about food.

If you want to try real Greek food, but also something a bit different, this is for you.

We liked the tapas style - it meant we could try lots of things. We found 4 or 5 items sufficient.

The prices are excellent too, for both food and drink.

4  Thank rovingruby
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I went there a little early by Greek standards (19.00), so it was pretty quiet. Nevertheless, I had seen this place on trip advisor and it was round the corner from the intercontinental, so I gave it a try. The food was quick and tasty! I had a local draft beer, 'aliana' (a garlic paste with pistachio) to start and a pancetta dish (perfectly salted!). The platters are tapas size and priced accordingly. The service was friendly and were happy to explain dishes to me. What stood out to me is that they have baskets of fresh veg in the courtyard (where you can eat) and the chefs dip into it for cooking, which I thought was a nice touch. I also received a complementary shot of raki (anise-flavoured liquor, but more delicate than ouzo) with my bill, which was both perfect after my meal and gave me a taste for local drinks. I will definitely be come back if/when I get the chance!

1  Thank Well T
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Was a bit worried as the surroundings doesn't look like one with a great restaurant, but you'll be surprised how good this place is. Very helpful staff explaining their menu to us and recommending different dishes for us to share, we loved all of food especially the Pancetta - heavenly! The backyard is very beautiful, ask for a seat there but also ask for mosquito repellent... The price is very cheap kinda regretted not ordering a third serving of pancetta lol... All in all, 43 Sarantatrio is a place you can't afford to miss!

1  Thank Ray L