Fresh Hotel
New Hotel(Athens)
US$308
US$281
  • Restaurant
Athens Lotus Hotel(Athens)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$237
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
2,191 results
All reviewsrooftop barair loungedesign hotelkorres productscool hotelmeat marketsmall poolfresh orange juicepool decknever felt unsafecentral marketdodgy areabig citywalking distanceomonia squarebreakfast buffethotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I stayed at Fresh hotel with my husband last weekend. He wanted to make a suprise gift for me as it was our wedding anniversary. The hotel is located in the center of athens. You can walk to all the main city attractions. Its a very cult area of Athens. We loved this hotel. It has a character and very good vibe. The Rooms was specious and what a bonus..overlooking the acropolis!!
People were very friendly and extremely willing to respond to our needs. The restaurant was great with amazing views of the acropolis.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Hotel is lovely! The staff really make the difference... From the wonderful, helpful and oh so gorgeous girls at reception (Efi and Eleni) and the funny, helpful porter; to the charming guys at the rooftop bar and even the super efficient room cleaners.
The Hotel has a 'fresh'/quirky decor, fabulous rooftop swimming pool, bar & restaurant; and ammenties such as the free internet, and well equipped gym (with Sauna), were greatly appreciated.
Also appreciated was the absolutely spotlessly CLEAN room, Oooh and great toiletries :-) Korres is a Greek brand I'd never heard of before, but am now addicted to.
I stayed TWICE, first time when I arrived in Athens for 2 nights in JUNE, and again on my last night. When I checked in the second time, it was like coming home, the girls asked how I'd enjoyed my week away and seemed really pleased to see me again.
The location is FINE really! Less than a minute's walk off one of the main streets in Athens (Athinas St). Just avoid the streets behind the hotel, which as others have mentioned are a bit dodgy.
Stick to Athinas St, which has the Main Food Markets, plus tons of souvenir stores and leads down to Monastriaki Metro (3 mins walk), the Plaka (5 mins walk) and the Acropolis - so there are always lots of pedestrians around and I felt quite safe.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Thanks for your wonderful hospitality.

Room Tip: If I won Lotto, I'd stay in the suite with the bathtub in the middle of the room, seemed so decadent, plus that room also had a balcony. The lovely staff showed me the room when I mentioned that I had read about it in a design magazine.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Stayed here in February and really enjoyed our visit. Having read the negative reviews I felt motivated to provide some perspective.

The hotel is located off a busy main road which we had no problems walking along at night. The area is gritty, certainly, but this aspect could be completely avoided by choosing the right route.

The hotel staff were helpful and our room was clean and quiet with good facilities. Also the hotel was very resonably priced compared to many of it's competitors.

Overall a great base from which to explore the wonderful city of Athens.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Fresh makes a very pleasant change from the average city-break hotel. Whilst we wouldn't really call it a true 'art' hotel, it is quirky and a refreshing place to stay. The rooms are small but well furnished and laid out. The small gym is a real gem and worth remembering for that pre-flight shower if you've a late flight!

Without exception we found the staff helpful and friendly and their success rates on recommending restaurants was 100%. Importantly the whole hotel is kept very clean and tidy, in fact, when one of the guests had a 'mishap' outside of our room at 1am there were cleaning staff there withing 5 minutes and in the morning everything was spotless.

We've read comments about the area being questionable and yes, it is a colourful area close to the old market but we never had any issues whatever the time of the day or night we were outside and found it's location wonderfully central for our walks.

On a hot September afternoon we enjoyed the roof terrace which has a good mix of views, sofas, pool and bar. All in all an enjoyable and fun place to base yourself when visiting this wonderful city. BTW, the restaurants we'll be reviewing for Athens were all suggested by the team at Fresh.

Room Tip: If you choose a room on the top floor (8th) choose one away from the lifts as music from the bar above comes down the staircase from the floor above. Rooms 805 & 806 seem most effected by this. Not going to be an issue if you're the ones in the bar of course!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Clean and nice hotel with walking distance from the most attractions. The rooms are small but really nice, hard beds but the room was always good cleaned. Breakfast with cold and hot dishes and fresh orangejuice . The area closest to the hotel is not that nice but we where never worried att all, not even in the night. There is a pedestrian street all the way to Plaka. Amazing view from the rooftop bar, grabb a large beer and look at the Acropolis. The staff was friendly and helpfull. Buy breakfast when you reserv the room and save some money. If the area was nicer i have give it a 5.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple