We booked hotel for 4 people 2 people and 2 children and paid the rate for a suit. I called after the reservation asking for a quiet room. When we got here, the room they assigned us is right by the lift and it is NOT a suit. A regular room with two small rollaway beds.
The location of the hotel is not good at all. 25 mins walk from the closest metro - I was told it is mins of Walking from the metro. Have to take taxi to go anywhere. Not close to any sights or restaurants.
The pics on their website are misleading. There is no grand lobby --- we don't care about that but it is deceiving. No garden, or nice view. They only have one restaurant with decors that showing on those pics. - know the reality before you come.
Well, if it is $80-100 pernight then I think it is fine but if you paying $150+ then u need to think twice because every time you go out it is another €10 taxi. and the amenity or the service are not up to that standard.
There is no nice place to eat around the hotel -- again taxi and there are quite few questionable bars along the way from the Metro. Don't feel safe walk at night.
The staff was friendly but the answer to your requests are always no. The room we are in has a bath tub but there is not bath shampoo. When asked for it, they said they don't have it , which means we need to take €10 taxi to buy a small bottle of bath shampoo and then come back by taxi.
Well, only sharing our experience. At the same time, we recommend the green apartment--- great location and really nice service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Six-story hotel composed of 2 buildings and an atrium. Large rooms and bathrooms, most of them with jetted tub. It is situated in the quiet, business/residential district just next to Marriott, behind the historic Agios Sostis Church. Very close to the center by public transport and 1,5 miles from Acropolis, Plaka, Philopappos Monument and the New Acropolis Museum. Complimentary on-site car parking and internet access are available for all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Southall Travel so you can book your Athens Atrium Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athens Atrium Hotel And Suites
- Athens Atrium Hotel Athens