“trip 3/6/14 through 3/21/14”

Athens Atrium Hotel & Suites
Ranked #76 of 281 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel due to the location. Could not have been happier with my decision. Excellent hotel and staff. They speak English very well and could not be more helpful. Yannis the wait staff was incredible what a great person.Mr Luca at the front desk is a wonderful person as well and Christo part of the wait staff also I can go on and on regarding the staff. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and we ate their almost every night. what amazing/delicious food. especially the Moussaka (almost as good as moms) I went to Greece on a self discovery mission. My parents were from Athens and I was the first generation born in the USA. I never knew where my parents came from except in the stories they would tell me and now that they are both gone it was something I really needed to do and I had relative I had never met and some I hadn't seen in 44 years (when they came to the USA) so it wax an exceptional trip and the Athens Atrium Hotel was part of the addition in making it so. This was my first trip to Greece but in thanks for the entire experience it will NOT BE MY LAST!!!!!! :)
nearby taverna had a great lamb shank with lemon & oregano just like mine, and the souvlaki place just down the next section of block was amazing for 1.60 Euro :)

Room Tip: please disregard the rating on the pool as there wasn't a pool, just checked it by mistake. and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mama49

Reviewed 23 March 2014

So we checked in around 9pm and were left to get our bags to the room via a very small lift. Once in the room the heat hit us, no air-con was running in the room and we were left in 30°c plus sleeping conditions. After about 30 minutes of running the air-con the room was still sweating.

We called the front desk, they sent up a waiter from the restaurant who told us it is because the setting was set to minimum, he told us to turn it up and it will work better. While we had already tried this, we gave it another 15 minutes. Still, hot as hell!

I went to the front desk and spoke to the manager. I was told that they had no other rooms and we would have to stay in it that night. So, I pressed them and he called the owners. They finally moved us to another room where the air-con did work.

During this time, we tried the internet. SLOW, was the response of the service. I speed tested and found less that 1MBPS, seems they have a 1MB service for the whole hotel. When I reached the front desk to complain about the heat, the person infront was conplainning about the internet, will come back to this later.

Anyway, a good nights sleep was had and we met the owners at around 10am the next morning. The husband had the typical "no one ever complains" attitude but I did find his wife to be very decent. She admitted that the room we were allocated isn't very good, she said she doesn't like it. We were given another room but we rejected it because of the cardboard feel of the bed. After further discussion we were given a room that over all we were happy with for the rest of our stay.

Back to the internet, I complained to the owner and he said "we never had a problem or complaint"! Pointed out that the person in front of me complained the night before, his wife said something in greek to him and he kept his mouth closed.

Given the hassle and location, can't recommend this place. While it was ok in the end the hassles of rooms and internet leave me disappointed. Poor customer service, poor location and in need of renovations, even by european standards.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iac0n
Reviewed 21 February 2014

A bit out of town, but easy reach via taxi (5-7euros to the city centre) cheaper and safer than the metro if travelling with the family. Quiet neighbourhood with a small shop opposite. Large and clean rooms. Very nice staff. Food (restaurant and room service) was great and very reasonable in cost. Small but good breakfast although quite repetitive if staying many days. Small lift, takes only 2-3 persons. Overall a very pleasant stay. Easy access to the Citysighting hop on hop off bus as well on Syngrou avenue (near the Ledra and Intercontinental hotels) Walk south on Syngrou for easy access to a few good restaurants on Syngrou avenue. Try the restaurant - www.biftekakiasouvlakia.gr/ - for great souvlaki skewers. Ciao and Flavour Resto are also close by.See reviews.

Room Tip: Exec room, high floor, away from street
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank D T
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here in January 2014 for a long weekend (3 nights). We were very happy with the hotel. Staff were friendly and the rooms were clean and well appointed, If I had to find any fault at all I would say the bed was a little on the hard site but then that is just my opinion I like a softer bed. The price was very good and as others have said breakfast was very good. Our room was to the rear of the hotel but had a nice balcony to sit and enjoy an early morning cup of coffee. We would definitely stay there again - no hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AndyGoudie
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I have spent 4 days on a business trip to Athens. Honestly I would have expected something more, but cannot regret for the hospitality and the offer. Nice and cleaned rooms, good breakfast. Probably it lacks of that "special factor" that makes it different from the average.
I would rate it as a good 3* hotel, rather than a 4*, as officialy classified.
Anyway after all, it has been a good experience.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PhilipLongo
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Atrium. Our room was quite large, at the front of the hotel, well furnished, with a good bathroom, but the bed was rock hard!

As others have said, we agree the breakfast is excellent and is included in the very reasonable room cost. We had dinner in the hotel a few nights and in the surrounding area- do explore the residential area at the rear of the hotel as there are not only good places to eat, but also a supermarket and local shops, as well as the best route to the tram and metro: some reviews this area to be avoided, but we felt totally safe at all times. Best way to city centre is local bus (tickets from kiosk next to stop) or use blue route open top tour bus tickets if you are purchasing this tour. Get off at Syntagma Square. We also got tram to end of route along the waterfront/beach area towards Glyfada- worth a trip if you are in Athens for more than a few days. Also go to Piraeus if you have time.

The reception staff spoke good English and were very helpful. They arranged a taxi pick up for us from the airport. Note: The lift at the hotel only fits 2 people and 2 cases, so it is a good job a coach load of people do not arrive together!

Overall- a bit out of the city, but no problem, good food, value and service.

Room Tip: Our room at the front was good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PhilipLeic
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Excellent value for money! Very quiet area, not far from the city center, just 20 minutes walking or couple of stops by bus from the astonishing Acropolis.

The red haired girl at the reception was very polite and helpful, like the rest of the staff.
Breakfast is above the standard of many big cities hotels, with a good range of choice.

Definitely recommended to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank OdysseusZ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athens
Athens Avenue Hotel
#51 of 281 in Athens
Athenaeum Grand Hotel
Athenaeum Grand Hotel
#127 of 281 in Athens

Been to Athens Atrium Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!