“Charming”

Athens Atrium Hotel & Suites
Ranked #68 of 325 Hotels in Athens
“Charming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

The staff was excellent! We couldnt have asked for more friendly, caring staff. Breakfast was hot and fresh every morning & even though it was a bit repetitive, there is a nice selection to choose from. Our room was great with the exception of the bed, which was a little on the hard side. This hotel is not in the center of attractions but its a short walk to the bus stop and a few blocks from the subway.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Greek first
Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Nice hotel and very clean. I stay there everytime i visit Athens. It is in a nice and quite neighborhood and you can easy visit the center of town. Also the hotel parking is a benefit, if you visit Athens by car. I certainly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

pa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I think hotel is maybe 1-2 start not what they say on the internet. Definiately not a four star hotel....all there is in this hotel are rooms no pool or gym or anything. The rooms were unappealing the beds are hard and the floors are dirty. Find another place.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank bennis13
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel due to the location. Could not have been happier with my decision. Excellent hotel and staff. They speak English very well and could not be more helpful. Yannis the wait staff was incredible what a great person.Mr Luca at the front desk is a wonderful person as well and Christo part of the wait staff also I can go on and on regarding the staff. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and we ate their almost every night. what amazing/delicious food. especially the Moussaka (almost as good as moms) I went to Greece on a self discovery mission. My parents were from Athens and I was the first generation born in the USA. I never knew where my parents came from except in the stories they would tell me and now that they are both gone it was something I really needed to do and I had relative I had never met and some I hadn't seen in 44 years (when they came to the USA) so it wax an exceptional trip and the Athens Atrium Hotel was part of the addition in making it so. This was my first trip to Greece but in thanks for the entire experience it will NOT BE MY LAST!!!!!! :)
nearby taverna had a great lamb shank with lemon & oregano just like mine, and the souvlaki place just down the next section of block was amazing for 1.60 Euro :)

Room Tip: please disregard the rating on the pool as there wasn't a pool, just checked it by mistake. and...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mama49
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

So we checked in around 9pm and were left to get our bags to the room via a very small lift. Once in the room the heat hit us, no air-con was running in the room and we were left in 30°c plus sleeping conditions. After about 30 minutes of running the air-con the room was still sweating.

We called the front desk, they sent up a waiter from the restaurant who told us it is because the setting was set to minimum, he told us to turn it up and it will work better. While we had already tried this, we gave it another 15 minutes. Still, hot as hell!

I went to the front desk and spoke to the manager. I was told that they had no other rooms and we would have to stay in it that night. So, I pressed them and he called the owners. They finally moved us to another room where the air-con did work.

During this time, we tried the internet. SLOW, was the response of the service. I speed tested and found less that 1MBPS, seems they have a 1MB service for the whole hotel. When I reached the front desk to complain about the heat, the person infront was conplainning about the internet, will come back to this later.

Anyway, a good nights sleep was had and we met the owners at around 10am the next morning. The husband had the typical "no one ever complains" attitude but I did find his wife to be very decent. She admitted that the room we were allocated isn't very good, she said she doesn't like it. We were given another room but we rejected it because of the cardboard feel of the bed. After further discussion we were given a room that over all we were happy with for the rest of our stay.

Back to the internet, I complained to the owner and he said "we never had a problem or complaint"! Pointed out that the person in front of me complained the night before, his wife said something in greek to him and he kept his mouth closed.

Given the hassle and location, can't recommend this place. While it was ok in the end the hassles of rooms and internet leave me disappointed. Poor customer service, poor location and in need of renovations, even by european standards.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iac0n
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

A bit out of town, but easy reach via taxi (5-7euros to the city centre) cheaper and safer than the metro if travelling with the family. Quiet neighbourhood with a small shop opposite. Large and clean rooms. Very nice staff. Food (restaurant and room service) was great and very reasonable in cost. Small but good breakfast although quite repetitive if staying many days. Small lift, takes only 2-3 persons. Overall a very pleasant stay. Easy access to the Citysighting hop on hop off bus as well on Syngrou avenue (near the Ledra and Intercontinental hotels) Walk south on Syngrou for easy access to a few good restaurants on Syngrou avenue. Try the restaurant - www.biftekakiasouvlakia.gr/ - for great souvlaki skewers. Ciao and Flavour Resto are also close by.See reviews.

Room Tip: Exec room, high floor, away from street
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank D T
Dundee, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here in January 2014 for a long weekend (3 nights). We were very happy with the hotel. Staff were friendly and the rooms were clean and well appointed, If I had to find any fault at all I would say the bed was a little on the hard site but then that is just my opinion I like a softer bed. The price was very good and as others have said breakfast was very good. Our room was to the rear of the hotel but had a nice balcony to sit and enjoy an early morning cup of coffee. We would definitely stay there again - no hesitation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple