“hotel is closed”
Review of Eridanus Hotel

Eridanus Hotel
Ranked #129 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We booked and paid in full for an acropolis View suit. We paid Late 2012 and the hotel and Expedia didn't contact us at all. We arrived after a long flight from Sydney. Our transfer company were great. After seeing that the Hotel was closed the driver took us to another hotel to try and get 2 rooms as we were travelling with friends. this hotel was booked, being 5pm on a Saturday. The reception at this hotel was great and tried ringing around for rooms. They arranged for the Novatel to hold us the rooms. We arrived around 7pm and our transfer driver stayed with us and made sure we were safely in the hotel. Sia at the front counter was excellent and sorted everything including tours for later in our trip that left from another hotel and rearrange the pick ups for the trip the next day. I couldn't fault the service from the Novatel. I will write a review of the Novatel and the Theoxenia later. Some of the best service we have received anywhere. Expedia however has not been diligent as the closed hotel was still on there site when I checked later. I have asked for a refund from expedia and was told that they would look into it. this process was to take up to 10 days. My correspondence was on the 29th. Sept (Approx.) Local time. and since the initial response I have had no further contact. I thought it was pretty bad form to receive an email asking us to rate our stay from Expedia after already making my complaint.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank davidworldtraveller
There are newer reviews for Eridanus Hotel

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was one of the best hotels on our trip , met with fresh orange juice, helped with bags, beautiful rooms, fantastic service and the best rooftop restaurant. So good we ate there both nights we stayed and the views were amazing. Staff were helpful and friendly, central to everything we needed. Would definately stay here again infact I cant wait to go back! Very reasonably priced and my favourite.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We treated ourselves to a long weekend in Athens and got a really good deal on the Eridanus. Plus a direct view of the Acropolis from the rooms balcony. Need to be 4th or 5th floor for the view, but its worth it.
There is a top floor restuarant that like most greek places only really starts to come alive after 9pm. Food is excellent and pretty good value as well, the staff are knowledgeable and make good recommendations.
Our room was excellent and the bathroom wonderful.
We did splash out on the traditional luxurious top notch meal in the "best hotel in Athens" and Acropolis view for our wedding anniversary dinner, but I have to say although definitely more luxurious I way preferred the intimacy and service at the Eridanus.
Location is pretty good once you get your bearings and their are a number of good bars within walking distance of the hotel for an evening out.
The metro is easily reached (8 min walk but you will need the map). Athens taxis are pretty cheap so don't stint yourself.
We will go back.

Room Tip: If you want the Acropolis view go for 4th or 5th floor but the 5th is under the restuarant and some...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

we stayed in a suite for 8 nights. really cozy atmosphere, friendly stuff, good breakfast, good cleaning.
Location is perfect. 10 minutes away from the city center.
Perfect ! I would go there again and I would recommend it to my friends and family!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2013

this hotel has nice rooms and and very good service, not to mention character and a decent breakfast. and while the street it is on is totally boring it is close to lots of nice walking areas and a quick can ride to nearby fun things to do.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We were disappointed with this hotel since it did not meet the basic standards, especially poor hospitality at the reception. The rooms require alot of upkeep since there were a lot of breakages and poor lighting.

The food was nice though and the selection at the breakfast was decent (small but good).

One thing which I would like to point out is that even though the location is quite central, the area around the hotel looked dingy and we were actually scared to venture out in the area at night.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Avantika8
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed recently for 2 nights on a business trip. Very central location nice interiors. Resorption staff very helpful. Walking distance to monastiraki underground. Many dining options including tsimiski area, gkazi, monastiraki and thiseo. Right next door to baroulko restaurant. It's a must. The Michelin chef Lefteris will take good care off you. For business I would definitely recommend. Prices very reasonable.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank PanosAngelaSmaragda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athens
Syntagma
Electra Palace Athens
#12 of 282 in Athens
Syntagma
King George, A Luxury Collection Hotel

Been to Eridanus Hotel? Share your experiences!