Melia Athens
  • Room Service
Hotel Europa(Athens)
Hotel Leto(Athens)
2,259 results
All reviewssky loungerooftop poolsupreme roomlevel experiencegreat hoteljacuzzi bathomonia squaremin walkrooms are nicemetro stationsuperior roomhop on hop off busmain attractionscomfortable hotelby foottourist attractionsgreat view of the acropolis
Reviewed 17 August 2014

If you're on foot in Athens, this hotel is great! You're within easy walking distance to everything you want to see and cabs are only a rescue ride away when your feet get weary! There are other hotels that are a tad bit closer to the action, but this one did well. There are a lot of residential buildings, pharmacies, cafes and stores nearby. Some people who are not used to crowds may find the area a bit cramped. The view of the Acropolis from the rooftop pool and bar is a beauty to behold and a relaxing sight to wind down before going out for the night or dinner. Bar tenders up there are friendly and offered excellent service keeping our glasses full. Other patrons were chatty and gave good advice on where to eat. Rooms in this hotel are spacious, comfortable and clean - what you have come to expect from Melia.

What I DIDN'T expect was the front desk staff. I checked in with a group of 3 other friends, apparently before check in. My group was given the option to wait 3 hours to get into a room rather than staff offering to see if anything was available. We were also told that we could pay an additional 35 Euro to get in early. I approached a lady at the front desk for clarification and in a stern voice she says "Look, I already told you....blah, blah, blah!!!". I was the only black person in my small group, or in the lobby, and willing to pay the extra cash until she opened her yap. There is NO way she confused my dark coffee complexion with anybody else, so I informed her that she had not spoken to me yet and therefore has told me nothing. Figuring she was unhappy with her life that day, we went to the lobby and stretched out on the couches for 2 hours lying there asleep until finally another gentleman gave us room keys. After that, we avoided all contact with the angry front desk lady and had a wonderful stay. Her other two counterparts had a very pleasant and helpful demeanor, I only wish I could remember their names.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank misskarimiss
meliaathens, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Dear misskarimiss,

Thank you for choosing Melia during your stay in Athens and also for sharing with us your comments.

We were very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay, the location and the service of our staff. However we were really concerned for the incident that you are mentioning for our receptionist since all the team of Melia Athens has a passion for service.

Kindly note that all your comments have been forwarded to the relevant departments for review.

Guest Experience Manager – Melia Athen

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Very good, well located, good staff, wonderful breakfasts and Athens! What else? And everything at a reasonable price. Well connected (buses, metro, taxis, etc). The surroundings are mostly "urban" although the National Archeological Museum is at 10 minutes walking (not to be missed !).

Room Tip: No particular need: all rooms we had were ok.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rizojm
meliaathens, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear rizojm,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

great hotel, pleasant staff, handy location. nice roof top pool area. spacious, comfortable, clean rooms. good sleep quality regardless of busy location, due to good isolation. tip: avoid somewhat seedy area directly around the hotel and head straight for downtown attractions. national museum in its neighbourhood is a must-see!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aida T

Dear Aida T,

Thank you for choosing Melia Athens and also for taking the time to share with all with us your thoughts through Trip Advisor.

We were very glad to read that your experience at our hotel was positive and you enjoyed the service, the room and the convenient location of the hotel.

We do hope to have the pleasure of serving you once again.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed 6 nights in August, my room was called a shower cabin on the 5th floor which was excellent, very clean and had everything I required. I don't need a mini bar stocked or nibbles / chocolates - may I suggest that in future you don't stock rooms with beverages and nibbles!

It's a great location, possibly on the edge of a tacky area but I never felt threatened walking day or night on my own. The Melia staff are very friendly and helpful, great breakfast which was included with my accommodation.

It was very hot and I used the roof top pool bar each afternoon but an issue for me was the pool was only opened from 10.30am to 6.30pm. Then 8pm to 1am for dinner / drinks but no swimming. Very disappointing as in summer the pool should be opened from 7am to at least 7pm. I do understand that the staff have to set up for dinner and then reset in the morning for pool guests but that isn't the guests problem - you should have more staff to set up for each session.

I highly recommend staying at the Melia Athens.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael W

Dear Michael W,

It is with great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay, the service of our staff.

Please allow me to mention that unfortunately the pool area shuts down from 18:30-20:00 daily, so as to properly clean and prepare the area for the Dining Bar.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The hotel is close to Omonia Square and within easy walking distance of Monistariki, Plaka and the Archaeological Museum. Contrary to some reviews, the check-in staff were friendly and helpful and we were upgraded to a superior room which was very spacious and with a big bathroom. The roof top pool has wonderful views over the Acropolis and Lycabettus Hill. as it is a small area, there are only a limited number of sunbeds. We were able to get a bed on the first day but on the second day, a number of groups arrived so there were no spaces. Breakfast was a bit chaotic - there were only two staff on duty who did an admirable job cleaning tables, replenishing the breakfast area and bringing coffee. a couple of extra staff would be a good idea.Breakfast is standard hotel fare and the options for the cooked breakfast were different on both days. The area around the hotel is a bit seedy, but much of central Athens outside of the tourist areas seems to be like. Despite that, we felt safe walking around in the evening. I would definitely stay again at the Melia when in Athens. The only downside is that the hotel only offers free wifi in the common areas - not something you expect these days in a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stefan_m58
meliaathens, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Stefan_m58,

It is with great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay, the rooftop swimming pool and the convenient location.

Please allow me to mention that through the free registration as a Melia Member we offer to all our guests free Wifi for their rooms. Furthermore, please note that tour comments for the breakfast service have already been passed to the relevant departments for review.

Eftychia Koutsagoulaki