“You wont regret it”

Athens Free Tour
Ranked #14 of 303 Tours in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Athens Free Tour - Official - English and Spanish language twice daily 9:45am and 5pm at Hadrian's Arch. Booking not essential. Receive info. and directions from our website: athens-free-tour We always present a passionate, free orientation of the historical centre, walk a fascinating adventure through our city's amazing past, the birthplace of western civilization will truly come alive in an entertaining mixture of myths, facts, and amazing hidden treasures. Our well established, highly recommended free walking tour will give you a truly local experience of our magnificent city!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was on a tour with guide Aris and he painted such a good picture of the city. There is no need For any other tour!

1  Thank Joni L
Write a ReviewReviews (2,976)
All reviews
in 48 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is not your average free city tour. Jonathan was our guide and made the 2.5h walk around Athens unforgettable.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great guide in Stathis. His 3 hour guided walk around the city's highlights was a great way of getting a feel for Athens. Highly recommended. Many thanks.

2  Thank Malcolmcooper66
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our tour guide sounded like an angry preschool teacher who’d had enough of his job and students. His tone was sarcastic, blunt and bored. He glossed over really interesting parts of Greece’s history and was not approachable. The only redeeming feature was the route we took, we got to see parts of the city we wouldn’t likely visit otherwise which was great. I would not recommend this tour.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have joined many free tours in many cities, although of course I know that it is non-paid one, some really are not organized nicely. This one, otherwise, is arguably the best walking tour I have ever joined.
Stathis, I hope I spell it correctly, is one funny yet informative guide. He explained many things while walking up and down the hilly Athens under the heat of the sun which suddenly also rain.
If you only have one day in Athens, I recommend you to just join this tour. It is worth your sweat (because you don't have to pay so I can't say it is worth every penny). And if you have more time, you can do this tour to begin your journey in Athens, before then exploring more for in depth experience.

1  Thank phonemic_chip