“Super Hip and Fun!”

Pallas Athena Grecotel Boutique Hotel
Ranked #13 of 281 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 27 August 2011

What a cool hotel. I mean, this place has real character! The front desks are cars. My mother, rather accurately, described our room as having a "Lord of the Rings" feel.

The staff was extremely helpful, pleasant, and courteous. Upon arrival, we were upgraded and a porter helped us take our things to our room. We went to happy hour a few times in their chic art deco bar. We were on the cusp of being too late, but the bartender gave us the 2-for-1 special and brought us really nice snacks. No questions.

The breakfast buffet was wonderful. I'm vegetarian, so this could be a major limitation in Greece, but I always looked forward to their breakfast. There is such a variety-fresh fruits, cereals, greek yoghurt, eggs, cheeses, fresh bread, juices, to name a few things-that I think it would be difficult not to find something that you like. My advice- pay the little bit extra and get the breakfast. You won't find anything else in the area that's remotely comparable and honestly, it was so filling, we could eat a very late lunch and be fine.

A lot of reviewers have commented on the area. Yes, we saw shady people, but Athens is a city. There are drugs, prostitutes, and questionable characters. I found it no more threatening that NYC (former residence) and New Haven (current). Like they say, use common sense and you'll be fine!

Classical Baby Grand made our stay in Athens such a pleasure!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Yalie83

Reviewed 22 August 2011

Hi

I went to athens and I realised this hotel is lovely from the outside and inside BUT the road ATHENAS is a extremely run down area with drunks and druggies hanging around ..even the area Omonia is an area with lots of hotels with prostitutes hanging around down the side roads.

All these areas are ROUGH and eventhough there is police around it is quite unsettling walking around because the people around there seem strange like they want to steal from you ! There is alot of graffiti around and you can see its really run down.

I think Athens should be seen for the ruins but the hotel locations are very unsettling unless you get the hotels in monastraki because thats not too bad. I think Athens is quite deceptive in the sense the four star hotels could be in very run down tricky areas ..so be careful ! However this hotel is walking distance from the main sites but the road is very unsafe for single women .. having a partner would be better.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank jess s
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We enjoyed this hotel quite a bit. While the immediate neighborhood (Omonia Square) wasn't that exciting, the hotel is only about a 10-12 minute walk to the Plakka and Monostiriki neighborhoods, where there are great shops, restaurants, and night life. The hotel was very comfortable, and the staff very accommodating and eager to please. The breakfast, included in the room price, was also good; while it was a buffet, it had a nice selection of pastries, meats, cheeses, eggs, and fresh fruit. We would recommend this hotel and would certainly return to it.

Room Tip: we got a great rate ($125/night) booking about 4 months in advance on Expedia
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The location of the hotel is very good (you can simply walk to all places of interest in the capital), the room was very comfortable and clean, it had a funny modern design and the personnel was very nice. Furthermore, the relation between quality and prix is very good.

Room Tip: Quality in Athens
1  Thank BANDFE
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This is a gem of a find in a major city like Athens. The transportation was all walking distance and the graffitti rooms have a cool artistic touch. We were greeted by Stavros who went above and beyond and was not only helpful here in Athens but assisted us with local knowledge making our trip to Santorini unforgettable. Popi was also of great assistance and a pleasure to deal with.

Thank you so much.
We will be back!
FZ

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank FZ94
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The hotel was clean and comfortable. There was a balcony overlooking the street. The staff was nice. It was close the the Omonia metro station. We were able to walk to the sights from our hotel. The breakfast was good and many choices. It was affordable. My complaints are 1) The shower head was missing the attachment to hold it up so that made it difficult for me to wash my hair and shave. When we called the desk and they sent someone up, he just said, "yes, there is no attachment for the the shower head"...duh, we know that is why we called him...to fix it! 2) We went to Happy Hour (6-8 pm) and there were about 20 people in there. No bartender anywhere. So I asked at the desk for a bartender. He came in, made us a drink and left. When we wanted our second drink, I had to go back to the desk and ask for a bartender again. He came back, made us another drink and we told him we wanted to pay before he left again. As soon as we paid, he left again. I am thinking that if you advertise there is a Happy Hour that the there should be at least one person working in the lounge, especially during the Happy Hour and when there are so many people in there, 3) I was awakened by staff members in the middle of the night. Our room was next to a door marked "staff only". Overall, I was not impressed with this four star hotel and would not stay here again or recommend this hotel to anyone.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

We had the jungle room complete with a tiger rug and sheep shaped table. The rooms are small but standard for Europe. We found the location to be fine. You can walk to the main square near the Acropolis and you have close access to the train system. This is downtown Athens so things will seem a little dirty but we found the location safe. The elevators were the smallest I've ever seen. I mean two people with two carry ons could barely fit. We found the giant stuffed monkey hanging in the entry way to be odd but there are many odd things about this hotel as you walk around. Two mini coopers made up the front desk. We only ate breakfast as it came with the room and it was typical European fare. There are way to many fun outdoor places to go to consider eating in your hotel. I'm not sure I would say this is true 4 star but it's a nice place.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple