“Amazing hotel with very nice staff”

Pallas Athena Grecotel Boutique Hotel
Ranked #13 of 326 Hotels in Athens
Doha, Qatar
“Amazing hotel with very nice staff”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights in Grecotel Pallas Athena and the most remarkable thing is the extremely helpful and joyful staff.
The rooms are clean and beautiful and the location is perfect near the Omonia subway. Very recommended!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pitot312

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tela, Honduras
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I booked this property several months in advance with a popular booking re seller.
I was travelling around Greece, when just 2 days before my arrival... I receive a simple email
my booking has been cancelled "cause they were not able to charge my credit card)
I'm a tour operator and I'll never treat one of my client like this. at least one email to ask for another credit card.... I was completely disappointed, and with the problem to book another place just the day before.... I hope you'll think twice before cancelling reservations again this way.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AleDago
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family and I recently visited this hotel in the heart of Athens, Greece. What a wonderful experience. The staff exemplified the amazing Greek hospitality and our visit to this hotel was a definite high point during our 2 week trip. I had 3 out of 4 bars on their free wifi service. The bed was super comfortable and the restaurant provided excellent service and food. We had room service breakfast on our last day and it was an amazing feast for the three of us (total cost was around $52 USD). The location is great. It's right accross the street from stop #15 on one of the Hop-on-Hop-off bus tours and we bought our tickets for this tour right at the front desk. (cost for tour $18). The hotel is also about a 10 minute walk from a very trendy restaurant scene. This hotel was recently renovated and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank JanMichell
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel was renovated and redesigned by a very contemporary French artist. Think stuffed dog in the lobby, stuffed Zebra in the dining area, porcelain hippo in our room. It was very trendy, with excellent service and close to all the major sites. You can actually walk to Plaka. Breakfast was good. The location is a plus and a minus. The area is a bit dirty, but it's not so bad that I wouldn't stay there again. It just wasn't as clean and "guarded" as the Grande Bretagne.

Room Tip: No really great view, but a room on the front side of the building is probably best.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great Boutique Hotel, perfect Grecotel service of waiters and front desk, unique rooms,
delicous breakfast buffet, small choice of menus for dinner but excellent dishes, unique rooms, very central located, walking distance of Plaka and old twon
Pamela travel agent switzerland

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is something else…Where else do you find a giant baseball glove in a lobby, a stuffed zebra in a restaurant and a graffiti “Welcome to the jungle” in your room. If you like chain hotels were everything looks the same this might be disconcerting. If you like modern design this is a place you must stay.

It is a small hotel so no extra facilities (no fitness, swimming pool, etc.) but the breakfast is amazing. You will get to enjoy some fine Greek food. The service is impeccable. When you go out in the evening on your return you will find that curtains were drawn and a light dimmed.

The hotel is located near Omonia square which is not a nice part of Athens (and it is not an area where you want to walk alone in the evening). However if you do not go in the direction of Omonia you are a walking distance from Acropolis. It would be fair to say that the hotel is on a border between nice touristic area and a run-down area.

Every room is different but I found that a desk and a chair in mine were not really made for work. The chair is more for looking at than sitting and the desk was actually blocking AC sockets.
I would definitely return and I am recommending the place.

Room Tip: Some rooms give to a very nice square on which the National Bank of Greece is located. The others ha...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Piotr S
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We booked last minute on hotel tonight app & glad we did. Despite reading the bad reviews (you can't please everyone) we had a pleasant stay & glad we stayed here. We drove 4.5 hours from Monemvasia to Athens & were greeted by a friendly bellman that parked our car for us in front of the hotel. Despite everyone saying it's bordered by Ommania we didn't encounter any issues or crime & our car was untouched. The hotel has been renovated & was reopened in Jamuary 2014 I believe he said. It's very artsy & not your usual hotel but we like that. My only complaint was the reception smelled musty but put room was fine. They upgraded us to room 604 & had a welcome snack for us. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's 5 star but it the staff were friendly, it was clean, unique, close proximity to flea market & the breakfast was included & good. We would stay here again

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple