“Recent Stay at this Hotel”

Central Athens Hotel
Ranked #30 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed for two nights at this hotel and would like to say that I was extremely pleased with it.
The location could not be better and the hotel was pleasant and airy. My room, though small, was well furnished and I had a partial view of the Acropolis. The roof top bar is wonderful. What impressed me most was the helpfulness and courtesy of the reception staff who were always willing to help. I should like to say a special thank you to Adonis who even printed out my boarding card for me. I shall definitely stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
CentralHotelAthens, Guest Relations Manager at Central Athens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you very much for your nice review on our hotel. It is always welcome to have pleased customers who appreciate our efforts and services. Come back soon to enjoy Athens and Central Athens Hotel once again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,825)

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I took a quick trip to Athens and booked 3 nights at the Central Hotel Athens because of its close proximity to Plaka. The place is wonderful. The staff is wonderful. The rooms are small, but very clean and modern and who stays in the room anyway? We're in Athens! The most amazing part of the hotel is the fantastic view from the terrace lounge. The Acropolis lit up at night is a sight to behold. I absolutely would book with them again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your review on Central Athens Hotel. We are happy to see that you had a wonderful stay with us and we expect to see you back soon for a nice coffee or wine at Thea Terrace Bar.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Spectacular view of the Acropolis and walking distance to everything! Friendly service and the staff made sure to ask if the room was acceptable when the luggage was delivered. Breakfast was decent - typical buffet style, with hot and cold foods. On our last evening in Athens, we decided to check out the rooftop restaurant that we read about online. Words cannot describe the sight. A tip to visitors is to check it out on a calm night and bring a camera. We only wished that the staff at the hotel would've suggested for us to check out the view earlier!

All in all, great location for any visitors who like to walk on foot to explore the city.

Room Tip: We had a triple room -it was a bit small for three small female adults with luggage, but we managed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your review on our hotel. It is true that the view to the Acropolis from Thea Terrace Bar on our last floor is stunning. Now that you have seen it yourselves come back soon to enjoy a glass of wine and the lighted Acropolis.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I spent 3 nights at Central Hotel Athens and enjoyed our stay. The hotel's amenities are very modern and the staff is very helpful and professional. Our economy double room was small but very clean and modern and perfectly suited for our needs. The included breakfast proved to be a great way to fuel up for every day of sightseeing. The hotel is very conveniently located and is just a quick walk from Syntagma metro station. We did not eat at the rooftop restaurant; however, the Acropolis views are amazing both during the day and at night. The only negative: their elevator is super small (i.e. fits 2 people), so either take the stairs or be very patient. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review on our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and our convenient location was helpful. We pay attention on our breakfast buffet so as to provide choices that cater every taste. We suggest that you return to Athens soon to have another nice stay with us.

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

You are paying for the location here - it's so handy to reach all the main attractions. The hotel is in a great neighborhood and the breakfast was impressive. The staff were friendly and the Thea Terrace Bar on the roof has an amazing view of Acropolis Hill!

• Stayed: October 2013
CentralHotelAthens, Guest Relations Manager at Central Athens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for your review on Central Athens Hotel. We are located in the heart of the city of Athens where one may find all points of interest within walking distance. We are happy that you enjoyed our services and we hope that we will see you back soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My Wife and I were to stay here one night then head out on a 4 day tour into the mountains but my wife became ill, the hotel was fully booked for the next night but they made arraignments for guests to stay else where to accommodate us, my wife ended up in the hospital, the hotel staff have bean amazing and very concerned for my wife's well being. If I was to come to Athens again I would most definitely stay here the view from the terrace is amazing at night, the location is a wonderful area, totally safe but I would use Tripadvisor to find some cheaper restaurants they tend to rape us at most of them around here, the hotel doesn't have a restaurant after breakfast the terrace bar only has snacks. The rooms are your average European size but clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony that would be the top three floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on our hotel and your kind words on our staff. We hope that you will be back soon again to enjoy your stay with us and explore our country for an unforgettable trip.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

While staying in Athens my wife and I wanted a hotel with a view. After doing a lot of research I found Central Athens Hotel to be the best candidate. Let me tell you it did not disappoint! The hotel is located in a great location within walking distance to everything you would want to see. The check in/out went flawless and the free breakfast was very good. The room I stayed in was on the smaller size, and overlooked a school yard. Around 8am every morning you could hear the school bell ringing and kids in the courtyard playing away (we had the window open). This was a nice wake up call as oppose to an alarm going off. The best part about this hotel besides the location was the rooftop bar/restaurant. Probably the best view from a hotel in all of Athens. My wife and I enjoyed sunsets and a cocktail every night before heading out on the town. They also have a food menu, but we did not eat off of it. The staff was super friendly and eager to please! The option of charging your room from the bar was a plus, but be careful it can add up fast. The only Con I could really find about this place was the size and wait for the elevator. It was quicker to just take the stairs. Not a deal breaker at all and lets face it we can all use some exercise. I would suggest to stop wasting your time looking for hotels in Athens on TripAdvisor and just book this one!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your detailed review on Central Athens Hotel. It is always welcome to have happy customers who enjoy their stay with us and appreciate our efforts for high quality services. We look forward to see you again soon to have admire Acropolis along with a nice drink at Thea Terrace Bar.