Athens Odeon Hotel
Anixis(Athens)
Rio Hotel(Athens)
Apollo Hotel(Athens)
  • Pool
All reviewsomonia squarenice hotelshort stayconvenient locationair conditioningshort walkacropolis viewgazi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Arrived at hotel early evening at reception to a warm welcome and smile. They had my booking form at hand and addressed all the extra things i asked for i.e. quiet double bedded room on high floor non smoking,all met! The room was not big that was because the ones at the back are smaller.the ones at the front were bigger with balcony. Adequate for me.Air conditiond too as it was a heatwave when i stayed. The bed was Queen size too (5ft) If i was to be a bit negative about the room would be the shower only had a curtain around the shower tray so floor got a bit soaked. no irons allowed too and no tea/coffee making facilitys.
I was pleasantly surprized that wifi was free and brilliantly fast as i had my lap top with me.
Breakfast was quite basic but ok and the lady who was there quite dower, but on the last day of my 6 day trip, i got a smile lol.
The Hotel was not in the best location as far as feeling safe on a night time. No problem during the day.I had no problem tho. Lots of out of work guys around near the Omonia square.
I would stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank alidarlo
Reviewed 11 November 2009

Nice and friendly staff? What the … are you saying? Two-faced and mendacious people who smile at your face but spit at your back looking only for your money. Guys, I was shocked, really…
We were at reception with my friend when the clerk girl started to discuss and make disdainful jokes at me with her colleague, or whoever she was. Right within one meter!! She had no idea that my friend is a native greek speaker, and when noticed that we follow the conversation just laughed and turned away. Can you imagine that?
Tiny old furnished rooms, almost getto location – well, what else did u expect to find at such a low price??
But the personnel…….The way they treat you should never be related to the money in such a way as for me.
So it is up to you to stay there or not, but my advice is the following – you should better pay a few more euros and stay in a nice hotel where at least you’ll be a respected guest

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
7  Thank AnnaCristiana
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Average hotel with good staff in a dodgy area of Athens.
We stayed for two nights. Returning to the hotel on the 2nd night was worrying as there was aggressive intimidation from the immigrants littering the pavements (not your usual street touts!).
Our room was clean and functional not large but not too cramped. There was a lot of traffic noise from the street below even with the 'balcony' door shut (look to get a room higher up than the first floor and at the back of the hotel).
Breakfest was a typical buffet of yoghurt, cold meats and fruit.
I'm fairly certain you could find a hotel in a better location for the same money.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KGMarsch
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I made a online reservation after looking at the photos on the web. I paid in advance, but stayed only for 10 minutes. Despite several hours of travel to Athens, and I arrived at night, I had to go for an internet cafe to look for an another hotel. The hotel room didn't meet the photos on the web. The bed was so soft that it looked like been used more than 20 years. The bathroom hardly can keep 1 person at once. There was an unknown hole in the wall that made me feel like to be in 1 star hotel. The hotel is far from the metro, and surrounded by drug dealers and homeless people.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lisbo28
Reviewed 13 November 2008

Room was a bit small but neat and clean, bathroom was also small but seemed to have just been renovated - we were on the top floor so we had a big balcony and with a view of the acropolis and tops of the surrounding buildings. Maybe the rooms below the top floor were bigger without the balcony?

Breakfast was not great but I've had worse ....... at least the coffee was good.

The hotel is perfect for those on a tight budget, comfy bed, aircon and very central. Close to the party area of Psiri.

You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple