“1 star hotel”

Ranked #170 of 326 Hotels in Athens
galicia
“1 star hotel”
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I made a online reservation after looking at the photos on the web. I paid in advance, but stayed only for 10 minutes. Despite several hours of travel to Athens, and I arrived at night, I had to go for an internet cafe to look for an another hotel. The hotel room didn't meet the photos on the web. The bed was so soft that it looked like been used more than 20 years. The bathroom hardly can keep 1 person at once. There was an unknown hole in the wall that made me feel like to be in 1 star hotel. The hotel is far from the metro, and surrounded by drug dealers and homeless people.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lisbo28

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 November 2008

Room was a bit small but neat and clean, bathroom was also small but seemed to have just been renovated - we were on the top floor so we had a big balcony and with a view of the acropolis and tops of the surrounding buildings. Maybe the rooms below the top floor were bigger without the balcony?

Breakfast was not great but I've had worse ....... at least the coffee was good.

The hotel is perfect for those on a tight budget, comfy bed, aircon and very central. Close to the party area of Psiri.

You get what you pay for.

• Liked — clean, central
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dubnic
Christchurch
Reviewed 13 November 2008

As young, first time travellers, my sister and I had no idea what to expect. After having a bad experience with taxis from the airport, all we wanted was to get to our hotel asap! we arrived at around 3am to a nice staff member at the front desk. Although he was very friendly, he didn't really give us too much info about the hotel. The lift up to our room was rather freaky as it was not much larger than a shoe box. Our floor smelt like smoke and when we got into our room it was extremely hot. the room was small but they were able to squeeze a double and a single bed in there (with not much walking room) the view from the window was of an old run down factory like building, not the greatest!
The breakfast was average and the milk was warm but with an alright selection of cereals, breads and eggs.
Ended up booking a trip to Santorini after two or three nights of our 7booked in athens and spent the rest of the time there in a lovely, spacious hotel.
The Odeon hotel is perfect for one or two nights but would not recommend anthing longer.

• Liked — Short distance to historical sites and clothing stores
  • Disliked — Dodgy area, Police with guns constantly outside next door, smelly
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Jamie M

Travellers are raving about these Athens hotels

gulf islands
Reviewed 1 November 2008

arrived at 1am(late ferry from Santorini) to a smoking desk clerk...room size good but that is it! Room so smelly of smoke, pillows,walls..yuk air conditioner banged all night,then to open the window to try to air the room? What a nightlife? Police van on patrol(made us feel safe at least),homeless sleeping on sidewalk, taxi driver told us this street is ok but do not go on street next to hotel??Next morning at 8am hotel clerk woke us up to see if we wanted a tour? All we wanted was to leave this place, we asked if they could give us another room as we had pre-paid for 2 nights, they said that the hotel was full with a tour, if we moved it would be the same but noisier? ps breakfast buffet-very sad looking did not try the dried cereals..
tip:look around, many hotels even 2 blocks away where fine

Stayed October 2008
london
Reviewed 12 September 2008

I will keep my review short and sweet.
This hotel is awful, for 1 night stay you might get through without too many scars.
The only plus points I can think are the staff, who seemed cheerful and helpful.. and I feel sorry for them working at this place , and the hot water in the shower.
Everything else sucked.
Over-priced, dodgy dodgy area.. small rooms with old old bed sheets that seemed out of date in 1930's !!
Breakfast was abysmal.. small claustraphobic lifts and so on and so on.
My wife and I booked for 1 night ,before returning back to London after our holidays, and yes some reviews on the hotel and area were not too positive... but hey I thought what the heck... 1 night can't be too bad for the price... well it was.
I would not recommend this hotel.. unless you have nowhere else to go for 1 night.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RedmanUK
Winchester, Ky
Reviewed 7 July 2008

First of all let me try to explain why I mean by Hotel Hell. I arrived late June 2008 with a group of students traveling from Italy. We immediately stowed our belongings and began a walking tour of Athens. The first thing I noticed was a park within walking distance of the hotel that was full of disposed needles and junkies. We arrived back at the hotel late after a Greek Evening. I took a shower and noticed that the towels where dirty. As I showered my wife began checking the students rooms. While in one of the rooms she noticed that a fire had started in the bathroom. She, with help of other chaperones were able to exstinguish the fire. Since the building had no smoke detectors we immedately began evacuating the floor. We finally where able to get the fire dept. involved. They arrived and spent a few minutes and then left. The hotel owners arrived and sealed the room claiming that it was our fault the fire started. The took some items and refused to give them back, claiming that a converter caused the fire. They offered to move the students from the smoke damaged room, but refused to move anyone off the floor. Saying to open the doors and let the floor clear of smoke. We then refused to go back into the rooms, because of the lack of smoke detectors and the attitude of the staff. If I were traveling with a group I would refuse to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2008
1 Thank wridener
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 25 April 2008

Nice budget hotel - great staff, easy walk to subway - would highly recommend!

• Liked — Very clean and conveniently located!
  • Disliked — breakfast was not great.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank becky7228