“Fantastic staff & location”
Review of Hotel Myrto Athens

Hotel Myrto Athens
Ranked #26 of 75 Athens B&B and Inns
Bainbridge Island, Washington
“Fantastic staff & location”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I found this place while wandering the streets of Athens looking for a place to stay. The location is excellent. One block from the shopping streets of Plaka and 3 blocks from the metro station at Syntagma Square. The place needs new carpet and paint but the rooms were clean, the staff was beyond helpful & friendly and we even had a view of the Parthenon from our huge balcony. All for a very reasonable price! It doesn't look like much from the outside but go on in. The staff & location make up for the drabness of the exterior. This will be the place I stay when I return to Athens.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
barcelona
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Hey, I know it may sound weird. I haven't used Hotel Myrto as a place to sleep, but I want to rate it high. Why?
Because if they handle the rooms as they helped me, without even being a client, when I wanted to book some tickets for the ferrys to Crete, I can assure you that these guys must have a great place to stay.

They were dedicated, super-helpfule, they even did some phone calls for me, they looked at the Internet for timetables, etc.
Great people. They sure host great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This is a hotel for the no-nonsense traveler that wants to spend his time visiting the wonders of Athens.
Location is one of the best in Athens for visiting everything and close to Syntagma squere amd metro station/bus. It is easy to find.
Staff is very nice and helpful, 24h/day. They even help to store our luggage even when we return from the islands and we had a day full left before the return flight in the evening.
The facilities are older but you can see the stuff does the best to keep it clean.
Breakfast was good plentiful.
We had a nice balcony to the typical Plaka streets below and an incredible view of the Acropolis from the window in the bathroom.
Around the corner are nice restaurants where you can get an excellent (and inexpensive) Gyros pita and a cold beer
Did I mention the location?

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as a stop over on route to the islands. Location is great but that is all. The room as a good size but very run down. There was a huge crack about a meter long over the bed, the shower rail was held together with duck tape that looked like it had been there for a long time and there was lots of mould on the shower curtain. If you are looking for a budget hostel to put your head down in a nice location stay here. If you want a clean bedroom and bathroom don't.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank myrsoir

Travellers are raving about these Athens hotels

Paris, France
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I was very happy with my stay at the Myrto, which is excellently situated a short walk to Plaka, and also an equally short walk from Syntagma Square. I arrived on the airport bus which goes to Syntagma Square, and it was an easy walk to the Myrto from there. The staff are very friendly, and were always available to advise on transportation conditions for those who were planning to continue their journey in Greece. I also appreciated all of the suggestions of what to do in Athens, how to get there, and when is the best time to go. The breakfast was good enough to get one going, and included eggs, breads, all manner of cereals, fruits, yogurt, etc. My room was very clean, and though I have read complaints on the worn down aspect of the hotel, I did not feel this to be a drawback. Everything worked fine, and for the price, the important things to me are cleanliness, good food, and friendly, helpful staff. To say nothing of the location! I'll definitely go back to the Myrto on my next trip to Athens.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel in sep 2011 for two nights. Think it costed about eur 80 per might. we were thinking to save a bit in Athens and stay in nicer hotels when we go to the islands. The minute we walked in the hotel, we regretted very much. The rooms looked horrible, the door felt like anyone could push through, there is absolutely no view, the window is actually blocked. The small elevator was quite an experience. And we didn't feel safe there with a door like that and hearing sounds from Dont know Where. We got there late that night, or else we would really check out the hotel around the corner which looked a lot more modern and decent. However, given the condition, the room is clean. Everything is worn down but at least it looked clean. The staff there are nice. We need to leave the airport early at 6am, and he made breakfast for us early. The yogurt is also super. There is only a few blow dryer in the hotel, but the women did help us to find one eventually.

Understand this is budget hotel, but we weren't prepared for this. So suggest if paying 30-50 eur more isn't too much of an issue to you after all, don't try this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Eatpraylove999
Kiruna, Sweden
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We had one family room and one double room during our stay in the middle of June 2012. Both rooms were very worn down as the whole hotel and in desperate need of remodelling.

Everything was kept very clean which must be a constant struggle for the cleaners.

The staff is very nice and helpful and the location is good, near Syntagma and Plaka.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Chania_Endaxi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athens
Syntagma
#74 of 326 in Athens
Hotel Acropolis House
Hotel Acropolis House
#86 of 326 in Athens

Been to Hotel Myrto Athens? Share your experiences!